Late Night Munchies

IMG_20211121_045534
So my beautiful people :v::heartbeat: is it just me or it seems I turn to food it seems a little too much lately. It’s like a pattern 3am wake up make a meal and eat wake up before still eat eat eat eat. It’s that normal getting sober? I guess it’s better eat breakfast burrito then drinking a bottle or chasing the sac. Sometimes I get scared because it’s happen before I get out of program of course way over weight so what’s the fast way to drop it​:neutral_face: ya the glass pipe. 15 days y’all :grin: I’m enjoying this pink cloud if it keeps me sober I’ll stay on this cloud whenever​:+1: Have AA blessed day

5 Likes

I love that meme. Yoda is a wise one.

It’s very common to crave sweets in recovery. There’s lots of good advice here (search “appetite” or “sweets” or other similar terms related to eating & you’ll find some).

There’s actually a whole thread of people sharing about weight management strategies here:

You’re right that gaining a few pounds is way better than using. Be gentle with yourself and take it one day at a time. Also - remember that you’re building a relationship with yourself, with your full self. You are worthy and beautiful and deserving of respect and healthy attention, no matter your weight.

1 Like

It’s normal to have those munchies. Maybe try indulging with healthier choices? When I want cake, pie or cookies, I choose a whole grain blueberry muffin instead. If I’m craving ice cream or a shake, I choose a low-sugar yogurt smoothie instead. I’ve actually lost 5 pounds since getting sober.

3 Likes

My go-to is grapes as I seem to wake at 12:04 many days just out of the blue? And I’ve got a few days sober. Anyway, I sit in the dark for 5 or so minutes and eat about 20 real slowly, then back to bed. My sweetie and I eat plain popcorn for snacking in the evenings when the munchies come calling.

1 Like

Haha I’m going through that too with food. And honestly I’m abit scared of it :flushed: when I quit meth years an years ago I gained almost 100lbs in a year of sobriety due to switching addictions. I didn’t know at the time that that was what I was doing. Filling that void with something else. Took a long of hard work to lose that weight. And Now years later being on Day 1 for a diff DOC I am catching myself turning to food, eating when I’m not hungry, eating when bored, eating due to feelings, over eating, eating at weird hours, eating unhealthy foods… ugh. I mean realistically, I’m clean so when you look at the big picture, that’s my main focus. And it’s completely natural to eat more. So many people I know who enter recovery have turned to food more. My goal this time around tho is to find balance and focus on health so I don’t gain weight. But ur definitely not alone. And by the way… a huge congratulations to you on 15 days! Amazing work :slight_smile:

1 Like