Leaving detox unit for inpatient rehab

Feeling anxious and scared. I’ve never done this before and as sad as it seems I’m afraid to be without my phone and unable to have contact with the outside world. Could be for 2 weeks or 4. I won’t even be able to check this app while I’m in there so please please please wish me luck. I hope to come out of this a whole new person with a new perspective on life. Even if I’m terrified :sweat_smile::cold_sweat:

15 Likes

I’m proud of you. It’s a big step but worth it.

5 Likes

Brave and courageous decision! Soak all they have to offer up! Rooting for you!

4 Likes

I’m really proud of you and you won’t regret this decision one bit. I’m looking forward to hearing all about it when you get out.

4 Likes

Going into inpatient today too, idk what’s going to happen…

5 Likes

Welcome to TS, and congrats on making a very brave and courageous decision. You are worth sobriety!

3 Likes

Embrace this. It goes by fast. Learn all you can from the professionals that are there for you. Create a solid plan for the future.

3 Likes

Thank you, I know I can do it. Its just scary

2 Likes

That’s what I hope, it’d be nice to here it from a professional. It’ll probably be more impactful then just reading it online.

3 Likes

Hey everyone! Thank you for the support. I just got home today after heading to the ER on May 11th. I’m 34 days sober and feel pretty damn good. I definitely could not have gotten sober on my own and may not have survived the detox without medical supervision. Thank you all again! :v::purple_heart::pray:

8 Likes

I’m glad you stuck it out on detox and rehab. You’ve got knowledge and motivation, that’s a powerful combo for action!

1 Like

I’m very happy to hear you made it through detox. Now the real work begins and we’ll be here to support you along the way.

1 Like

Well done, Christina! Good to have you back!

1 Like

I am starting an IOP tomorrow and am hitting AA via Zoom and in person! As well as staying in touch with peers and counselors from the unit I just left.

4 Likes