Leaving for 97 rehab in 4 days. 21 days sober

Before going to the hospital to detox 3 weeks ago I hadnt gotten out of bed for atleast 9 months. I just drank and drank and drank some more. It wasn’t even fun anymore. I was doing it to survive. I’m so grateful to be out of that hole. The love I’ve received from my family for taking this next step to get back my life is overwhelming. I feel blessed. Rehab is not cheap and my parents were going to pay for it in full but I made the decision to pay half. I’m investing in my future. I want to LIVE again. It’s been so long since I’ve been happy to open my eyes up in the morning bc I felt so alone with my dirty little secret. I used to have a full life and it got to the point where taking a shower seemed like climbing a mountain. My body aches bc I haven’t used my muscles in so long. I’m craving the feeling of being naturally tired at night from being busy all day instead of forcing myself to sleep all day from washing pills down with vodka. This is my chance and I’m not going to waste it. It’s going to be so hard and I’m going to struggle. I’m thankful for the deep connection I already have with my higher power. I have faith I’m going to the right program and I’m going to come out so much stronger. This has been the hardest few years of my life and I hit rock bottom. I have health issues now from the alcohol which can only be healed by not drinking. I don’t just want to do this. I have to. Even when my body is aching and my anxiety is through the roof and I feel like I can’t do anymore I HAVE to do this. This has to be the end of this chapter of my life.

18 Likes

What a great post to read to start my day! Very inspiring to hear you’re positive outlook.

I suggest you stay connected for the next 4 days.
Be it here or any other support you haVe. And of course, your higher power :wink:

Thank you for helping me to stay sober today

1 Like

Welcome, Traci; I’m sooo glad to see you here!

1 Like

Thank you so much for sharing this and I’m sending prayers your way.

1 Like

Wow! It is so great that you made the decision to turn your life around. What a difference it is going to be. There is a load of information and support on this forum. :fist_right: :fist_left: :sunny:

1 Like

Im rooting for you with everything I have! Please stay in touch with updates on your progress, it will help so many people :heart:
The very best of luck x

1 Like

Thank you for all the support. You guys don’t even know me- what an awesome community! 23 days sober now. I’ve been spending time with family. Now back home finishing packing my life up and cleaning up my apartment. 2 more days. Feeling butterflies in my stomach. I’d classify myself as more curious than nervous. Big steps and no regrets is my mantra now. Everything is going to be better than it was. I can only go up from here!

1 Like

I’m excited for you, it’s life changing. Be a sponge and let it reach the core of who you are. And we look forward to hearing about it all!:heart::wave:

1 Like

Just found out as long as my therapist approves I get my cellphone and laptop back on Dec 2! So I will sent updates of my progress. Didn’t think I was going to be able to use technology at all :slight_smile: