Less Weight Less Pressure

I’ve put down a lot of anxiety.

I stopped volunteering myself for more assignments at work.

I stopped holding myself accountable for things I can’t change in other people.

I stopped believing that I need to eat healthy 24/7.

I stopped pushing my body to the brink while working out.

I stopped forcing myself to study for hours on end.

I stopped believing that if I slow down things will collapse around me.

I stopped blocking blessings because I’m afraid to be let down.

I stopped making excuses for people I actually don’t want in my life.

I stopped contemplating sobriety like it’s a destination instead of the life I’m living.

I stopped checking my bank account countless times in a day to make sure I’m not wasting money.

I stopped believing there was something more I should be instead of who I am

I put down my guard and let myself be myself.

I learned that I’m a great person, a beautiful person, inside and out.

I can breathe again. Maybe for the first time ever. It’s not steady but the voice in my head telling me to be and do more is quieting. In it’s place is the gift of self I’ve been longing for. I’m not done being ambitious but I’m happier and it feels permanent.

9months7days :blue_heart:

27 Likes

Love you shining so bright and finding your beautiful self amidst life and all that it is!!! Congratulations on your 9 months and 7 days and all the healthy self affirming ways you are changing!!!

:heart::people_hugging::heart::sparkles:

4 Likes

Thank you for always supporting me! I’m really trying :face_holding_back_tears:

3 Likes

This was soo beautifully written and very inspirational for me. I started to tear up bcuz i could absolutely relate to pushing myself to the brink of exhuastion etc i love that you got to a place of peace and genuine happiness. To a place of self acceptance and self love and self respect. I love this! Thank you for sharing. It really opened my eyes to what im doing to my myself at times also. I see the hard work that it mustve taken for u to get to where u are. Proud of you!

5 Likes

Thank you so much. I removed the “need” and started to embrace the “like.” I like to eat healthy, workout, my job… I don’t like the pressure and shame that comes with “letting myself down” when I haven’t even done that.

Started with realizing things like… a 5 minute workout is still a workout. Me doing my job without overworking myself is enough. It made it clear to see all the pressure I was putting on myself all while doing the same things. I’m still growing, tears have definitely helped. I hope that your tears water you so you can grow in all the ways you need. You’re worthy :blue_heart:

4 Likes

This is so beautiful! I’ve bookmarked it for myself, as there are so many gems in this that I want to “stop”, want to hold myself accountable to.

Thank you for sharing this. For “living” sobriety instead of striving for the destination, as you say.

I am grateful that you are who you are!
Huge congrats on your 9 months 7 days. :orange_heart:

5 Likes

Keep on shining like this lady! :star_struck:
I think I need some of your list as well, replacing the “need” for the “like” is a big thing for many of us including me :face_with_peeking_eye:

Congratulations with the 9 months! :confetti_ball::confetti_ball::confetti_ball:

7 Likes

You look amazing and are glowing :star:

I’m glad your not putting yourself under pressure, I think when we become sober we can become overly organised and feel the need that we have to meet such high expectations of ourselves when if we step back and take a look at how far we have come … We realise we are doing just fine and can be kind and gentle to ourselves and build trust in ourselves that things are actually great and it’s okay to let some of those things just be and just you being you is enough :purple_heart:

Huge congrats on your 9 months :sparkler:

:gem:

5 Likes

Thank you for reading! Good luck on your journey! I hope you continue to be inspired by what’s possible in life!

Less weight less pressure more deeps breathes and layers undone :blue_heart:

5 Likes