Letting go of pride

So today I cried in a meeting. I needed help. Today Was a small meeting, my sponsor was in it along with some other close members. I’m pretty new though so I only have met her since this whole thing started in person. I was the last person to share. I have been feeling under the weather, on top of getting off of medications, as well needing to go to pick up medications to help my withdrawals, and head to counseling but I just had no energy. So I broke down saying I didn’t know what to do. I felt powerless because of the dang medications I “need” to ease this withdrawal process, and having to pay 100 dollars if I miss my counseling. And the most amazing thing happened through this. I let go of some pride, yes still kicking myself in the butt about it but accepting it, and let someone take me to my counseling to help me today. It eased so much of today, even though I had to call my sponsor a bunch to get through it. I still did. And I met a new person in recovery. This had been teaching me so much. But realising the pride I had, I never knew about. I’m so blessed I found the help I did. Thank you for letting me share.

15 Likes

Takes a big ass burden off your shoulders.

Thanks for the share, keep on trudging pal

1 Like

It’s great to hear stories of people getting exactly what they needed exactly when they needed it.

If this happened yesterday, or last week, there would have probably been a different outcome.

Sometimes we have to be just defeated enough to let these things happen. To let these people in to our story.

I’m glad you had a miracle today pal. You deserve it.
And I’m glad you’re here

2 Likes

Sometimes it’s good to have a good cry and let it all out especially in a safe place like a meeting I’ve spent many meetings breaking down sobbing my heart out and the people in aa all understand cos they have done it themselves. Hope your feeling better today xxx

1 Like