Letting go Resentments

I keep having a resentment that pops up over and over. Its so distracting it causes so much stress and confusion. How do I let it go???

4 Likes

Resentment towards what?? If ya dont mind me asking

2 Likes

The kind thats probably just made up in my head because I was drunk

It has been said that resentment is like taking poison and waiting for the other person to die.

What helps me with resentment is knowing that the person responsible for all of my problems is myself and that the only thing I can control in my life is myself.

2 Likes

That is true I think its just a distraction to prevent us from having peace

1 Like
  1. What is your part in this? Did you place yourself in a situation or stay there? Did you ignore warnings? Did you react out of anger? What piece of this are you responsible for?
  2. How is the other person just like you? How are you just like them?

I think this solution is a psychological trick we play on ourselves, but if it works… Pray that the other person have all the happiness and health and well being and material things you want for yourself. Pray for them by name every day for weeks.

And go easy on yourself for feeling and thinking this way. It’s natural, since you are human, to do that.

5 Likes

Read pg. 552 of the BB. It was suggested to me and it made a lot of sense. I had read it many times before but when it was time to practice it I failed to remember. I had to be reminded. I hope you get past all this.

2 Likes

From yesterday if you like you can read these too.

2 Likes

Time. It takes time to heal old thoughts and resentment. Sure it may be a justified resentment but what good does holding on to it do for you. Forgive, accept, love yourself and keep saying positive affirmations to yourself. It’s going to take time, but it will get better. Remember it took you 7 years to walk into the woods, it’s gonna take you 7 years to get out

1 Like