Lies, and acknowledgement

So it’s been 2 years now. I need help. I started kratom because I couldnt get percocet or vicodin anymore for pain. I was blacklisted so to speak. I went to kratom. It made me feel normal again. Free, focused, energetic, no time for depression or anxiety. My motivation was at an all time high. It wasnt supposed to be addictive, it was supposed to be SAFE. 2 years later, and 2500 in one month showed me that was a lie! Now I am struggling, and trying to stop, but I am so scared of the jerking arms, and jerking legs. I am so scared of the lack of motivation, and not wanting to get out of bed. I dont want to quit, but I know I have to. To save my marriage, and to get better again. To let go of the constant need for something that I dont really need. My mind just thinks I do. I came here to find help. I need to hear from people that have kicked this habit. To tell me it is going to get better. That it is not going to be like this forever. Hello, my name is April. I am an addict, again :frowning:

8 Likes

Welcome April, I’m glad you are here and sharing your experience. :bird: :purple_heart:

1 Like

I’ve been struggling a long time with the same issue. I didnt know enough about it when I first tried it. All I knew was it took away withdrawal pains when I wanted to quit pills. Buts it’s been almost 3 years on and off (falling back into addiction and then finding someone with suboxone or getting back on kratom) For me, when I initially quit drinking (bc that’s my main DOC, and I’m way less likely to try and find other substances), I was able to slowly wean myself off by spacing out doses and cutting them out slowly. There definitely should be more of a warning about this stuff bc at first it was great but then it just turned into any other addiction. The withdrawal is not nearly as bad as other opiates so if you can deal with being uncomfortable for a few days I think you can do this. It’s an especially good time to detox (if you’re affected by COVID and stuck at your house). All the best :green_heart:

1 Like

Hi April,fear stopped me for many many years of getting myself clean and what that would entail the fears the insercurties that I was avoiding by sticking my doc in my body ,but what I can to realize that my doc was keeping me in fear it was keeping me with my insercurties and ultimately it was killing me slowly and killing all the trust and love inhad from family and friends,but there’s HOPE THERES LIGHT , LOVE AND LAUGHTER ,you will need to go through the pain that’s unavoidable but if your prepared to do that it will and it does become easier but it’s something that needs to be worked on put into practice and lived in your daily life .I’d advise to taper off your meds and consult a doctor also get to a na meetings or smart whatever fits there’s loads all day every day ATM .keep sharing stay connected .:heart:

1 Like

Let’s fight this together as a team

1 Like

Welcome April. I’m not familiar with kratom but I am with pain pills. I honestly couldn’t do it on my own and checked into detox. I wish you the best getting over the withdrawals and look forward to following your journey.

1 Like

Welcome April, you’re in the right place to learn. Sounds like youve reached a decision. That’s good :innocent: Read, share; explore & develop your decision into commitment. You’ve got a wonderful network here on TS. We’re all rooting for you!

1 Like