Life and relationships

Great advice @SuberAlles

Totally agree that she has brought up court proceedings early to maximise pain caused.

Hey Rob, I hope you’re doing ok. I saw this post then realized it was 25 days ago.

1 Like

@anon79808082 Tomorrow is a consult with lawyers office and STBX. We are going to discuss options, I am wanting collaborative, uncertain what direction she would like to take BUT, she wants as much possible from the home sale. I turn 52 tomorrow at 6:30AM, my sister thought I should wear a Bday hat and bring muffins to said lawyers office. Thanks for reaching out!!

2 Likes

I stand by my orginal comments above:

She does this, because she can. She can, because you permit it.

Love doesn’t equal suffering. Love is respecting and being respected. Love is cherishing and being cherished.

Love is action, and her actions are not those of love. Her actions are those of power.

But you can love yourself, by ending the relationship, and the emotional torment that involves.

Just the way I see it.

4 Likes

So sorry you’re going through all that; it’s so hard and draining.
I’m glad you’re still here! Happy early birthday my friend!
I would skip the hat but muffins are nice!:face_with_hand_over_mouth::bouquet:

It only showed HER weakness. NEVER be ashamed to show your true feelings.

I’m sorry…but this woman does not love you. She is using you to make her feel good. Go out and find someone who truly loves and cares about you. To do that you need to take some time ALONE to learn to truly love and care about yourself. Only then will you attract the woman worthy of you and all you have to offer.

2 Likes

It would seem that she has amassed all of the power in the relationship, which is sad. Controlling the finances, and your mobility, “providing” the venue for your visits with your kids (assuming they live with their mum), and holding your reputation over you…the only thing missing here is physical abuse…

Perhaps it’s time to sock away some “shoe money” bit by bit, and begin planning your exit. Best case is she sees you withdrawing emotionally from the relationship, and realizes what she’s doing. But I would fix my eyes on the door, and start preparing to exit.

3 Likes

Isolated…that’s where she wants you.

Yes, there will be a short-term price to pay, but do you really think she’ll change? Infidelity. Emotional abuse. Physical and financial control.

You do you. I’ll pray for you.

1 Like

That’s very hurtful that she dismissed your feelings. Rather than going to her, come here and vent. Let us know how you’re feeling and maybe we all can help you. Sometimes just getting it out helps.

1 Like

Things can be better, you don’t have to live in fear forever, but as they say “nothing changes if nothing changes.” Yes, change and the unknown is scary. Would you want your children to be in this position one day though? Your relationship is the first and most important example they’ll have of what a relationship should be. What is staying with abusive partner teaching them?

Is it possible to move back with family so you can build a better future for you and your children? Can college be put on hold? Is there public transportation where you are, or a carpool group?

1 Like