Life ring meeting

Went to my first life ring meeting tonight… Much more me than AA, that’s not to say AA doesn’t work! It just wasn’t for me… Met some lovely warm positive people in a really open comfy space. Looking forward to tomorrows meeting.
Has anyone else tried life ring?

Hope everyone’s doing well tonight :heart:

2 Likes

I am an AAer but I believe in using all resources available to me to maintain my sobriety. I wanted to try Life Ring but there are not many meetings in my area (only eight per week) and they are offered at inconvenient times and locations.

3 Likes

There’s not many meetings in my area at all and even fewer of life ring… It’s not big here at all but I’m willing to travel for a format that works for me ye know? It was started in California so i was hopin more people in the States had some input on it

There are 1200+ AA meetings per week in Denver. So I can find a meeting that works for me easily.

2 Likes

OK… That’s great for you… There’s probably a ton here in Dublin too. Not really the point of my post tho. But thanks for the reply I guess

2 Likes

So glad you found a safe, positive and comfortable place. I have never heard of Life Ring. Sounds like you have found something that will benefit you. Wishing you all the best on your journey :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you :heart:

1 Like

Ive never heard of life ring. Can you tell me the difference between this and AA? AA isnt for me either.

1 Like

It removes religion and politics and puts recovery in your hands not a higher powers… It was started in California, you should Google it sweetheart. I Relapsed after a year because I had no support, I had no support because I just didn’t like the AA approach…life ring was like sitting around with friends. Small group, no twelve steps. Iv only been to one meeting but im going back tomorrow and will update this post x

2 Likes

The point of my reply is that although I would like to attend a Life Ring meeting, too inconvenient when I have so many AA meetings available to me. Good luck.

1 Like

But wouldn’t it be worth traveling a bit more out to get a different perspective on recovery?

Thank you, you too

1 Like

That’s such a shame sweetheart, keep trying tho… There has to be something out there… I was lucky to come across it. Let me know how you get on :slight_smile:

1 Like

Honestly, for me, no.

I genuinely don’t know what to say to you sweetheart so I’m just gonna leave it at that… Night

2 Likes

Oh my god, but can there be food too for real tho?!? :joy:

I really do think your support group makes or breaks your recovery. Everyone learns in a different way so why wouldn’t people recover in different ways. Like I said in my first post I’m not saying AA doesn’t work, it just wasn’t for me…

1 Like

Women for Sobriety is largely an online forum and they have online chats, and also face to face meetings in some areas. If you email them (not sure if you have to register first?) They will let you know if there are meetings near you. I have not gone to a meeting but the program is based on 13 statements meant to empower you, and the online forum is full of really nice, supportive women. Give it a try!

2 Likes

Dammit now I want cookies…! :cookie:

Hallowed be the baked goods :pray:

Or the cookie could replace the AA chip… On your first night you get a cookie :cookie:

1 Like

What… A cookie is a cookie in my eyes… I don’t discriminate!