Little about my story

Hello I’m Gynette I’m an alcoholic and drug addict I’ve been clean and sober for 3 months and 21days I’ve got to admit I feel like I can beat anything now that I beat herion I thought I could just get clean on my own​:roll_eyes: geesh was I in for it on day 2 trying to do it on my own cold Turkey :flushed: I’ve never felt so much pain and felt so horrible in my life! Plus me quitting drinking too I needed something all that kept going through my head was if I had just one more dragon everything will go away,but I kept thinking to myself come on Gynette you’ve made it this far dont stop keep going for yourself and family. So I called for help got sent to the hospital to detox I was so happy after not sleeping for couple days in pain, aching, a sickness I would never pray on ever! The dr and nurses helped me big time I even filled out paperwork for treatment I go may 13th and go to a women group for 10day in April… I’ve been doing the work again and I feel I just want to keep it this way because nothing but good has been coming my way I’ve had a few stormy paths but I always think no your strong enough to get through anything now this will pass and it does :slight_smile: but yeah that is a little of my story and am happy to be here today wish you all another 24​:heart:

13 Likes

Congrats on over 3 months! Welcome Gynette and thank you for sharing your story. I thought I could just quit pain pills on my own. I had no clue what I was in for. I was talked into going to detox and I’m so glad I did. The nurses where so kind and understanding. I went to an out patient detox. I would take my last meds at 5pm and go home for the night. By 9am I was walking in there looking and feeling like death. They had my meds ready immediately. I’m so thankful for the services available to us addicts. I’m 6 months clean today and I hope you find this forum as helpful as I have.

1 Like

Congratulations! You are doing well and I hope rehab is good for you.

Congratulations on your sobriety. I’m also a ex heroin user so I know the struggle of detoxing. I think your amazing to reach out and get help. It takes so much courage to get off the devil drug . Please hang out here were all here to help eachother through our recovery x good luck x

1 Like

Welcome to the forum, Gynette! You have made wise and powerful decisions, I applaud you for your proactiveness.

Now, do you have a plan in place if you are unable to attend the treatment and meetings? There is a high possibility that these things may not be available because of the current situation, and having a plan ahead of time will help immensely.

You seem very determined, this gives you a huge advantage. Keep that up and you have a much better chance at success.

2 Likes