Little bit about me 💜 50 days second time around

50 days sober for me​:star:. I’ve been going to a meeting everyday. Sometimes 2 a day. I am so very grateful for the rooms of AA. I love each and everyone of you. I am very thankful my daughter went for her babysitting course last March break. She helps out alot with her brothers while I attend the hour meetings. I am truly blessed so very excited about my future. I have been in the fellowship for 4 years about. I had 1 year and 6 months sober. Got my beautiful medallion that says Willpower and Love. I was then offered a job as a bartender and you can just use your imagination to where it got me. I went out for almost 2 years and I’m planning on staying till the end. Yes one day at a time but I feel life is soooooooo much better sober. Might I add… I am just starting the steps. I never did the first time around. I was always told it was the icing on the cake. Just wanted to say I am so proud of myself and share a little bit about me. Thank you. I wish you all a 24 :purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart:

16 Likes

Thank you for sharing part of your story. It’s always good to know a little more about each other. It helps to know where we are coming from in regards to our DOC. Great job on getting to a year and half sober. I can imagine how tough it had to have been to remain sober as a bartender. Are you in a different field altogether now? I agree the sober life is so much better! Connecting with reality has so much more to offer than the fantasy world of whatever intoxicates us. I’m excited to start the steps, but I won’t be assigned a mentor until I am 30 days sober. I’m almost to day 6, so almost 20% there! It’s awesome that you have made it to 50 days! Let’s keep building and make it through the next 24.

2 Likes

I also waited for a sponsor. I have a temp sponsor as it stands. The support system I have is on point also this time. I have at the very least 28 numbers I can reach out if all else fails.
I’m currently taking time to better myself. I am very lucky I am able to. When I get back into the work world I’ll be looking into some work at the hospital.
Congratulations on your 6th day. I am happy for you :star::innocent::+1: We can do this and we aren’t alone :kissing_heart::blush::100:

3 Likes