Little wins :)

I dont mean for this to come across as big headed or braging, I just wanted to share a small victory because i believe that its important to recognise every little win no matter how small :heart: im newly sober, made it 6 days so far. Finished work about half an hour ago and I had a massive craving for drink/drugs. I managed to drive myself home and not go to the shops to buy drink (even though the little voice in my head was doing a very good job of convincing me it would be a good idea!) Im grateful im not going to feel like crap tomorrow :relieved: hope anyone reading this gets their little win today too!

42 Likes

You’re a legend and I hope you are proud of yourself.

6 Likes

Those are tough wins, congratulations!

6 Likes

do you pat yourself on the shoulder? well done! :hibiscus::blossom::cherry_blossom:

3 Likes

Never underestimate your "small victories ". Kudos to you for staying strong.

3 Likes

Congrats on your victory!

5 Likes

Congrats!! Every win strengthens your sober muscles. Good work

3 Likes

Little wins day by day add up! Congrats :sunflower:

3 Likes

I think this is a massive win, it’s not little.

5 Likes

Massive wins, I’m on day 3 but feeling alot better, those things are hard, stay strong strength sent to you

2 Likes

Brilliant work! :purple_heart:

3 Likes

Thats a big win! Its really hard in the very early days…i remember going to the off licence where i always used to go for my booze after about a month of sobriety …embarrasingly they knew me and instantly would reach for my bottle of vodka on sight of me…i walked in on purpose, got a bottle of milk and said no i dont need the vodka thank you…i dont drink anymore! I did that as part of my recovery and it felt amazing…the shop keeper congratuled me xx

9 Likes

Brag on!! That’s how you do it, little wins day by day and soon you realize you have allowed yourself to change for the better. I’m proud of you.

4 Likes

Friday night and sober :grin:yippie

6 Likes

That’s outstanding! Do that every day and pretty soon you will be looking forward to doing something instead of drinking!

2 Likes

Good job. Every journey starts with 1 step. Im on 11 days but i had my own little win today. I had lunch at a bar with friends the ones that do harder stuff and drinking beers and i just ordered sweet tea and we had a normal conversations. I felt so good driving home.

4 Likes

Fighting the voices in the presence of the triggers early in the game is a big win in my opinion. You’re a killer, stay hard!

3 Likes

You are never big headed ore braging up here!
We all love the little steps! Because that’s how we do it here!

Well done for overcome the craving and ending the day sober and well :facepunch:

5 Likes

It is a fantastic feeling, hard when it’s around you too, to say goodnight on a hot chocolate :grin:instead of wine beer and other things. Feeling freash on at Saturday morning :blush:Stay strong all Happy Saturday :muscle::heart:

3 Likes

Congratulations that’s fantastic!! Keep going, sobriety is so liberating and so worth it 🫶🏽

2 Likes