Liver enzymes high

I went to the doctor and my liver enzymes are really high… kinda freaked me out im sure its normal for problematic drinkers. Im now 7 weeks sober and was wondering how long it takes for things to return to normal…

2 Likes

I learned 2 to 3 months. But the liver can rejuvinate fast.
My app “easy quit drinking” says it takes 1 year for the liver to get healed (if the damage isn’t too much)

5 Likes

I was trying to find my lab results on my phone but cant seem to find them. I had a liver enzyme test on 10 / 1 /18 and they were still elavated. I was 3 m9nths sober at that time. I just had new labs in february and it is still still elevated but barely above the threshold.

So 7 months after I quit drinking and my liver is almost back to normal.

2 Likes

Update. Just got labs back that were done on 5/21 which is about 2 weeks shy of 11 months sober. Liver Enzymes are now back to normal.

8 Likes

I literally am going through the same thing. My AST and ALT liver enzymes are really high.

3 Likes

Hey :wave: just FYI the thread is about 4yrs old, maybe some of the contributors to the thread aren’t around any more.

I just wanted to comment to support you. Are you sober now at the moment?

1 Like

I am currently on day1, I have to do better

2 Likes

Hello :wave: You have to start somewhere and this thread shows it is achievable. My health was the final kick up the bum I needed. We can do it together :blush:

2 Likes