Liver panel

Ok I’m 11 days sober. And not going to drink again. Is there anyone that has experience with lowering liver levels? Is there anything else i can do along with abstinence of alcohol?

1 Like

11 days. good for you!
mayb when newly sober first only trying to drink lots of water and cut down on foods and drinks that take toll on the liver.
especially cinnamon, and painkillers in the beginning. low on sugar of course always is good.

first giving the poor thing a break, it is our most forgiving organ. then maybe support it
Later when you feel fit you can see if Milk Thistle suplement might be for you to detox or dandelion leaves or roots that also help the liver.

1 Like

Without knowing your other diagnosis’s or medications I would not recommend anything except eating fruits and veggies and limiting protein. The best choice if you want to know more for your body specifically is to click on the message button and ask your doc. Ask them if any herbs or supplements you are wanting to start will interfere with your medications or medical diagnosis. And ask if you are able to increase fluids.

2 Likes

Hopefully she doesn’t mind me calling on @mleclaire. She’s had some helpful insights on this.

There’s lot of good threads if you search for “Liver” with the magnifying glass icon. Definitely a good conversation to have with your doctor who knows your stats better than anyone probably. And be honest about your drinking so they have the full picture, of course.

I also had briefly shown problems with my liver toward the end of my last outing. Very early stage stuff. I understand it can heal, if we act early, it only takes time and care.

For me, simply not drinking anymore and good, clean living seemed to do it. Basic diet and some exercise. Within a few short months everything was back to normal (phew).

Look up other things to avoid. Acetominophen (Tylenol and others) is one, for example. Your doc can certainly say.

Well done on 11 days! :muscle:

2 Likes

Good response @Eke

Thank you all so much. I think it will be good. I have a fallow up scheduled with the Dr in 2 weeks. I have cut out all sugar, all processed food, all non essential carbs and started exercises. I’m already down 10 pounds. I’m gonna kick butt

2 Likes

Hey bud, glad you’re here! Your levels are a little on the high end but nothing too concerning. I got liver cirrhosis from drinking and taking Tylenol and my levels at my worst were in the 90s! A healthy diet and abstinence from alcohol is a great start. I started working out 4-5 days a week as well. I have really healthy recipes that are great for liver support if you’d like me to send them your way. Plenty of fluids and try to stay away from sugar but I understand if your body is craving it. Let me know if you have any questions…I’ve been around the block with my liver so I’m quite knowledgeable (unfortunately!) :nerd_face:

5 Likes