Living The Party Life

…mekdodkkdod jdkdodkd djjdididdj jjejdjddjdidj jddjdikdjd dndjdkdkkdke djjdidjd

6 Likes

Welcome. Getting clean starts with self awareness. Finding Good helps as well. Make every second count. You are strong and will overcome this addiction.

2 Likes

Thank you! :slight_smile:

You can do this. Try to go from once a month to never. That once a month drinking could lead to more and we dont want that!!

2 Likes

Exactly what im striving for!! No more backslides!!

1 Like

Thank you for your share. I completely slipped the party life when I was in college. I only went to two parties and played the role of sober babysitter at both, making sure a friend made it home safe.

After college I started to feel like I’d missed out on something and used that in part justify some of my actions since as I plummeted toward my rock bottom. I see now that I want missing out on anything at all. I was missing out on shame and regret.

Thanks again and welcome.

2 Likes

Congratulations on the first 17 days @MayLove937! I’m an alcoholic as well. I built my entire life around drinking and now that I’m not. We’ll see. It’s winter; spring and summer are where all my beer activities are, so we’ll see. But if I make it till then, I know I’ll be able to stay the course. Hopefully… :laughing:

Make new allies/friends that will help you along the way. If it’s the old friends that were leading you; maybe it’s time to set boundaries and if they can’t keep them, well, are they really your friends?

That’s great that you’ve found Jehovah; but you also need to find yourself. You can’t do it for everyone else and then yourself; you have to do this for yourself. Everything else will fall in place. :rose:

2 Likes

Yes i been taking all the necessary steps. Cutting off so called friends … Pondering over every decision i make. And yes figuring myself out an things i need to work on personally. Your right doing it for myself is a necessity!! :slight_smile:

1 Like