Living with debbie downer

I bet he is adjusting to all your changes. Ot was rough on my husband too. Sounds like you two are talking, keep those lines of communication open and doing things together. It always helps us. I know how easy it is to fall into a rut. I bet he is intimidated by your new positive self.

2 Likes

That probably isn’t far off actually, thinking about it. In the past my wife and I have had times when we have changed something in our own lives and the other has felt " left out". We’ve been together nearly 30 years.

4 Likes

@anon12657779 and @SassyRocks We are for sure in a rut. Winters are tough. He is working crazy hours. We are stuck in this house because I hate the cold. He has been sick for over a week. I am usually working weekends.
Talking tonight he said he doesn’t know where he fits. He is intimidated by all my changes. He feels like we are roommates.
We are planning to make more of an effort to do things together. Tomorrow walking the dogs and groceries. Lol big day
Summers are easier. We have lots to do. Biking walking hiking camping kayaking motorcycles. Building stuff. Fixing everything that went to poop because of snow and ice.
We just have to work harder finding stuff.

2 Likes

That’s so great you guys were able to talk and get it all out there! Maybe that’s why he’s been super negative, he just had something in there to get out. I can surely understand that and then I am much shorter on patience when I’m around the people I have issues with. It sounds like you had a lovely day, I’m happy to see things turning around for you! :heart:

1 Like

I think life is about change. I remember my wife got funny when I studied for a degree 20 years ago. She thought I’d leave he once I was educated. Now she has done her degree and is carrying on with her master’s.

2 Likes

Ah, the roommate thing. It is hard not to get feeling like that after 20 or 30 years together and when your hormones are different than they used to be. And all the little stuff of life seems more important than fostering your connection. Keep talking…it helps a lot. We all get feeling neglected or left behind at times.

Sounds like your husband needs some adrenaline endorphin rushes. How about snowshoeing? Sledding? Just a thought.

2 Likes

Omg my husband thought the same thing when I got my bachelor degree. Dang your wife is a go getter. Took everything to get bachelors nevermind a master’s!

1 Like

Yes to all of that. life does get in the way sometimes. Those are awesome ideas. I’ll bundle up and head outdoors with him tomorrow. Not sure how long but i shall try. Come on spring
Today has already been much better now that we talked. It’s like pulling teeth but hes worth it. Lol

3 Likes

Glad you are feeling positive!! I know it is soooo much easier to let it all slide, but our life improves when we face and deal with the parts of life that challenge us. :two_hearts:

Thank you for all the support. It makes everything seem so much easier. :heart:

2 Likes