Loneliness how do you deal with it?

I sometimes hate that feeling like im alone as 100 percent of my close friends i hung out with all drink. Like am i goin to be the boring guy now that doesnt drink? i know this is just stinkin thinkin but im also scared when clubs reopen as that was a big thing in my life as i love to dance lol. can anyone relate? what can i do to help myself defeat these feelings.

3 Likes

I dont know if youā€™ve ever been in any programs but when I started getting that feeling, around the 2 month mark, I tried aa. It changed my life so much for the better. Being around people going through the same thing. And it can help to change the way you see your life, so that ā€˜stinkin thinkinā€™(lol) gradually fades. Or try something new youā€™ve always wanted to. I know for me I have to keep busy to keep the bad thoughts at bay. And not drinking definitely doesnt mean youā€™re boring. You can live life to the fullest without being stuck inside bars or being hungover all the time. These feelings will pass. And life will get better staying sober :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Im 2 years 3 months sober. Is the loneliness feeling there? Sure, sometimes. But I thinkā€¦ is it worth it to go back and be lonely and drunk? Possibly loose the people I love become ā€œfriendsā€ with others in the bar only to never see them outside the bar. I also think about how far Iā€™ve come and what Iā€™ve gained. Hang in there, itll get better

4 Likes

Over 320 days in and i struggle with not seeing my buddies. It took them awhile to stop picking fun at the fact that i was sober and wanted to stay sober. I miss them but i chose not to put myself around alcohol or anyone who is drinking it. Loneliness is definitely one of the hardest things for me to deal with. But its necessary for my sobriety

2 Likes

Wtf.
Get out there and find new friends.
Yes itā€™s difficult, yes itā€™s scary.
This is what alcohol has done to us. Itā€™s made us feel like we are nothing without it.
But we are so much better without it. And to my mind the people who still rely on it. But thatā€™s their choice.
Mine is to not drink and try to be the best person I can make myself.

4 Likes

ive went to aa before something i should look into goin to again.

2 Likes

I went to AA and ive not been alone since wish you well

3 Likes