Long Relapse Need Help

Hey y’all. Im 34/M and was sober from drugs and alcohol for 3 years and I relapsed in October and it has continued until now. I desperately want to get sober again. Is it possible to have a relapse as long as this? If y’all could share some wisdom or personal experiences similar that would greatly give me some inspo. Thanks :heart:

4 Likes

You know what you have to do, commit to it every minute daily! Find this guy again…:wink:

3 Likes

You proved that yourself I guess…

Welcome back, you’ve been clean before so you know you can do it :slight_smile:

I never relapsed because I never stopped drinking, well over half my life. The past 13 years or so was continuous daily vodka, the more time went by, the more I needed. I was going through over 2- 1.75s a week. I blacked out most nights. To read you relapsed after 3 years sober, it proves you CAN do it. Don’t beat yourself up over a relapse, look at what you have accomplished in those 3 years. Remember what worked. You got this!!

I’m on day 13, so no where near 3 years, but I have hope I will get there too.

1 Like

Hey nice to meet you!

I’ve heard of people who end up relapsing for several years. But the important thing is that you’re ready to get clean again now :muscle:t2:

What do you think you can do differently this time around to support your sobriety? :blush:

1 Like