Longest I’ve been sober in a year

I just hit 10 days without smoking and this is by far the longest I’ve been sober in a year. My relationship with weed got out of control so quickly. I hadn’t been smoking for that long and I was already a daily user. I feel so much less lethargic and irritated than I did the first few days of being sober. I’m still not sure if I want to quit using entirely or just try to have a healthier relationship with it. But for the first time, living without weed seems like a real possibility for me

7 Likes

I suggest taking a decent break and seeing how it goes, stay sober for 90 days and see how you feel. I don’t have much experience with marijuana, I’m just a recovering drunk.

2 Likes

Whenever I tried to have a healthy relationship and only use at night or for some other reason it would slowly just turn into daily whenever I wanted. Its best to just cut it out completely. Who wants to be lethargic and feel okay with being bored anyways?

1 Like

I agree with what’s been said already. I smoked morning, noon, and night for 12 years and when I quit I noticed a changed almost immediately. The tiredness/irritability does wane quickly once stopping and you’ll feel your natural energy emerge. Stick with it and you’ll meet an entirely new person within yourself. Find new things to keep you busy, and motivated, and I hope you’ll find that life can be fun and fulfilling without. All the best :pray:

1 Like

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if you’re truly an addict, you cant use moderately.
it’s either smoking a lot or nothing

2 Likes

Good point. I have tried this relationship with weed and alcohol in the past. Always was expensive or damaging to my health or relationships.

1 Like