Lookin for some advice

I got into some trouble back in 2013 and was on heroin. After a few being in and out of jail and doing a lot old the out patient rehab, I went to in patient facility. One of the greatest things I decided to do. That was 2016. Fast forward to 2020.
Life has been pretty rough past few months. My wife and I having been having fights and they were over situations she would do like hang out with old friends. She’s got 3 yrs clean. Finally about 2 weeks ago she left the house to go help a friend out well she comes back at 3am and I got 2 messages. We fought when she got back the next day, I walked 10 miles to a buddies and she took our car with her 2 kids and stayed at a friends. I barely talked to her, she didn’t come home til Tuesday morning. A mutual friend told me someone called her and told her my wife was back on the needle. It was true. She lied. Well I said fuck it and gave up. I didnt relapse on my DOC and what I did I have never messed around with it only maybe a hand full of times. I feel bad, horrible, sad and a disappointment to myself but I dont feel like I relapsed since it wasnt my DOC and I did it and haven’t thought or touched it since. And I know after my first go around with addiction, I can lose and I saw how fast I could lose my life but am I wrong to not feel like I relapsed?

2 Likes

Tricky one bc it depends what you want in life, if total sobriety from mind altering substance is your goal and you go to NA then it’s a relapse but I’m an alcoholic so if I took heroin tommorow I’ve not relapsed with alcohol. personally I wouldn’t over think it and put it down to experience, start another counter if it makes you feel better for a total sobriety date just as a little kick up the arse to remind yourself your not perfect but your making progress.

2 Likes

I agree with the other two mate. Just chalk it up as a reminder that we are all that close to going back out again.
Walk away from it now.
Unfortunately you can’t do anything about your wife. That’s on her.
Welcome, stick around and read a bit.

1 Like

I smoke weed daily. When I got into my addiction, my friends list was horrible and the girl I was with didn’t help the situation and it was horrible. I don’t want to say it was her fault but she didn’t do it before me. But once she got hooked we ran with it. She is still using to this day out on the streets somewhere, is what I hear. I don’t know whether I am just relieved I didn’t go to my DOC or upset for using like that.

1 Like

Thank you. I enjoy reading peoples daily stories and life stories. Its been good so far.

1 Like

It’s helped me bud!