Looking back

Once upon a time, I used to love beer so much I would take photos of my drinks! Can you believe that? A nice pint glass with a frothy head, condensation dribbling down the side, maybe the can just in the frame too. I would make it an art form, and when I was on holiday I would take pictures of foreign beers and pose with them! I would love the reassuring weight of a 330ml can in my hand and new all brands and their ABV’s off by heart.
I am now 471 days off the booze, and I can honestly say I have never, ever felt better. Sometimes when I was warm cozy with a beer buzz, looking at the sea or sunset with a beer in hand I would think nothing could surpass that feeling - but being sober does. It has a buzz and clarity all of its own. I have since run a marathon and 4 half marathons. I eat clean and healthy foods.
To all the beginners out there: it. Gets. Easier. With every passing day.

16 Likes

That’s a great share @Paul1

Well done man :+1:

1 Like

I can relate! Thanks for sharing and reminding me to delete pictures of alcohol from my phone! haha

I went thru my phone, cleaning up space. Pictures of alcohol, memes of alcohol, texts with pictures of alcohol. I got rid of that crap. Amazing how much of my life centered around that.

1 Like