Looking for Advice/ Support

So, here’s my thing… I’ve been sober just over two weeks which is just about the longest in years (a lot of them).

But so far it’s been relatively easy because I’ve been on vacation with my two kids and we’ve been busy and I’ve been in “dad” mode.

I never drink in front of them or when they’re with me but I’m a binge drinker when they’re at their mom’s and I’m at home by myself.

The urges to drink haven’t been that strong because of our vacation time, but we’ll be home today and they go back to their mom’s on Saturday morning so I’m starting to worry that once I’m back in the real world old routines and urges will resurface and I’ll pick up that first drink on Saturday when they leave.

I know that I need to try and keep myself busy to avoid this, but does anybody have any suggestions or advice? Kinda worried here, this will be my first real test of sobriety…

Maybe try a meeting might help you wish you well two weeks great keep it up .

Stay focus and keep active. Go for a walk, engage in a fun activity that you enjoy, read a book or come on here and read other posts. Think about how will you feel in the long run that you held strong. Distract your mind and hold onto your will power. I know looking at my timer helps to remind me to stay strong because there’s nothing I would hate more than to have to reset it and start all over. I’m about 4 and 1/2 sober and honestly, it’s been an intense sstruggle the past couple days but you have to stay determined t make that positive change in your life.

@Kmills888 wrote a great list in another thread of all the things you can do instead of drink. There are probably even more of them than what she wrote, but it’s a brilliant place to start.

BTW, I hear ya on when the kids go home. I doubled down on booze when my daughter wasn’t around. Stay strong. Your relationship with them will be so much better when you’re not on the sauce - even if you don’t drink around them now. I promise you this.

I agree! We’re back now (lazy buggers are still in bed sleeping!) But staying sober through the trip I was calm and present the entire time. Easily the best vacation we’ve ever had!

They go back to their mom’s tomorrow so I think my game plan will be a good motorcycle ride followed by a gym visit and catch up on the Game of thrones episodes I missed while away!

You can’t beat a good long motorcycle ride to… burn a lot of fuel!

I’m kidding, I love getting out there on the bike to clear my head. What bike ya got?

2016 Victory Cross Country… it’s the best place to find my serenity!

Amen, brotha. I’m more of the speed freak type. Ninja 1000 for me, lightly modified for a little more juice. Also have a couple dirtbikes.