Looking for online friends and support

I’m not even sure where to start. Got sober from alcohol for a while and majorly relapsed last night. I woke up with the extreme guilt and anxiety. The worries of what happened and what will happen. I have finally made the decision to seek help. I’m currently looking for local or online support groups but I’m not sure where to start. I’m in the states btw. I basically have no support at home. I have a few friends at work but nothing outside of that. It’s very hard to get through this without some type of support. I know everyone has their own things going on but just looking to see if anyone had any suggestions or just wanted to chat. I’ve been on this app for a while and posted once before but I’m finally ready mentally,physically and spiritually to really start my journey.

10 Likes

Looking for friends too…willing to travel instead of spending money on drugs

4 Likes

If you’re looking for in person AA meetings, I suggest using an app called “meeting guide”. It’s blue with a white folding chair.

For online meetings, I use intherooms.com. I’m sure others will chime in with suggestions as well.

3 Likes

Honestly you are doing the first step and being here.
Their are so many things on this site from what to read to meetings to attend. I’m an alcoholic and I’m on my fourth day sober and try to check in here daily to keep my mind right.
Stay focused

3 Likes

You got this. Keep your head up and be proud

1 Like

I need friends too

1 Like

Always open to friendship. Starting over is tough but you’re doing the right things.