Lost control, again, more

Long time since I’ve been here. Almost a year, and it coincides to when I started a new relationship. I thought I was doing ok with my alcool consumption. So busy with academic life and sports competition, I didn’t have time to drink. My girlfriend in medical work, I was following a fast going pace of living. But then I fucked up.

I lost it couple times blacking out for no reasons. First time in a year my GF is crying is because of me drinking. First time she’s sad is because of my drinking. So I said and thought I’d stop. I wrote myself a letter.

But then I drank again. Lied to myself, family, friends and girlfriend.

So after 3-4 days of drinking in the back of everybody, my GF found out I wasn’t myself and found out I was drunk while driving.

She went to work today, and I went back to buy couple of beers to get through the day,

Don’t know what to do anymore.
Can’t control myself.
Drank in the back of my people for the first time clearly, and got cut; and still went back to it.
Can’t get off of it and lies.
Help needed.
But I don’t know what I’m able to do to help myself. I feel like I can’t trust myself.
I’m just drinking because I don’t know what else to do that’s so easy.
Thanks for reading,
David

1 Like

Hi David,
You seem to lured into thinking you can control your drinking. I went back and read some of your old posts and that’s the theme I get.

For a guy like you, and a guy like me, being powerless over alcohol means finding a way to live a life free of alcohol. I can testify that my life today is rich and meaningful, not the drab endless gray I imagined when I got sober.

As long as I hoped and wished to regain control of my drinking, for that long I could not start getting sober. When I let go of my fear of sobriety, then I began to trust that I could not drink and be okay.

Blessings on your house :pray:.

7 Likes