Lost Motivation

So I guess this something like my come clean moment. I’m working towards Day 2. My body is soar, i called in yesterday I spent the whole day in my couch recovering. Didn’t eat and didn’t drink. Was somewhat depressed which zapped all motivation.

I guess I’m exhausted and after long restless night I got real with myself. I broke up with my ex about 4 months ago and started persuing a girl that I probably shouldn’t. I’ve been unhappy with my progress at work and after not getting a promotion became even more upset. Have some projects im working on that are moving forward but very slow. Lastly I don’t think I’ve been very committed to my recovery. I stayed in and drank Thursday but binged the rest of the weekend.
I guess I just said im tired of trying. I just got fed up.

But I’m here and worked out a plan to get me some quiet time to reevaluate my life goals and what I want. Whatever I want I know that drinking is gong to destroy it.

Onwards to Day 2. Hopefully I can get some sleep tonight.

5 Likes

Today is a new day @Mars. Let’s make it count.

2 Likes

Im in the same boat. Day 2 for me as well (Again) I didnt drink Friday night and all day Sat was great. took my oldest to the softball ring and helped her practice then went home and wife and I mowed the property. About half way through she came to me holding parts for the old mower she was riding (I was using our push mower). So long story short had to go to a friends shop and use his lathe to machine a new piece for my old mower as they don’t make parts for it anymore. Everything was great until I was getting ready to take off to head home and my friend says here want a beer? It was over from there. Ended up camping with the family and consuming way to much beer and whiskey. So I restarted my counter on Monday morning at 12AM and here we are. I watched Fat, sick, and nearly Dead on Netflix and it motivated me to start a juice fast as well so here I am…day 2 sober, day 1 fresh juice and water fast. WE CAN DO THIS…WE HAVE TO DO THIS FOR US!!!

2 Likes

The not being able to sleep is the absolute worst. Kills me. Glad you’re back at it and trying to get centered again. I like what you said about drinking destroying everything. Truth.

1 Like

I love that documentary! Really inspirational, I’ve used it for motivation to juice from time to time. Longest stretch I’ve ever done is 2 weeks. That shit is hard, lol.

Stay strong and stay connected!

2 Likes