Lost my job... again

Not only can you control them…they might just go hand in hand. I never lost a job to booze. Did I have to overcompensate for being a drunk…you bet I did. Once I quit drinking, my performance changed…

2 Likes

I got fired from my job aswel. I cared much about being a good worker, as I’ve felt like a failure for a long time, for example dropping out of school and already having a low self worth. I needed validation from my job to proof myself and others I was worth something after all.

Although I worked hard I got fired because I kept coming in late or not showing up because of my alcoholism. I reached my rock bottom less than 2 months later.

Keeping sober is the number 1 priority, you made 6 valid points. You can and WILL come stronger out of this. Much power to you!

2 Likes

Hey thank you for sharing that.
Yeah u know what you mean.
Honestly getting fired was so embarrassing and right away my mind went back to all of those really bad thoughts about myself =/. It’s hard but I’m trying to be consistent each and every day.

Late to the party–It’s been three day since, how ya holding up? I quit my job last Friday after videoing the principal at my school verbally abusing a student, which set her off right quick! It sucked real bad, and I cried like a baby on the floor fully knowledgable that I couldn’t wash all my emotional pain down with a bottle of brown; Instead I dealt with the hurt head on, pretty amazing feeling of freedom.

Stay strong Gonzolady!!

3 Likes

You also stay strong and welcome to TS!

1 Like

Hi there!! Thank you for replying to my post!! I’m doing alot better I found myself not only 1 job but 2!!! But my main focus right now is sobriety. Because I love love love this version of me.

Also good for you!! To stand up for that kid that way is pretty freakn awesome. And it says alot about your character and values. I’m sure alot of parents or people that found out about the situation are saying alot of good things about you. Kiddos to not picking up that bottle!!

Today just for today I am sober and really happy.

3 Likes

I think your attitude is brilliant. The same thing happened to me in the early 1990’s. Then I did not respond with your insight. Keep on with the good work. I know how hard it is.

2 Likes

Thank you for that. I needed to hear something right now. Feeling very unmotivated but still choosing to stay sober. But damn, yeah this is hard.

2 Likes

I’ve gone through the pattern of losing my job, then getting clean and finding another one. So many times. But we keep pushing forward. Prayers

1 Like

Thank you so much for sharing!!!

2 Likes

Hey I understand. I’m getting close to not being able to count on two hands how many jobs I’ve lost because of alcohol. I just got an interview today, I know I’ll get the job because it’s crap but I’ll stick it out because I’m sick of living like this. This crap job is step 1 towards getting all my other crap in order, then I can go after BETTER jobs. I gotta stick this one out first. I can, I know you can. Stay strong, having jobs is a hard job!

3 Likes

That is your power. That is the power that literally nothing and no one can take away from you. You choose to be the grounded, functional person you want to be. (Perfect person? Hell no. None of us are. But grounded and functional, and taking it one step at a time: what is the next step, then take it, then stop and think again)

It’s not a cakewalk, but it is your walk, and every day is a step forward (even if it feels blah some days, or even most days). Connect with people who care about you, connect with people who can help you (in groups, online, in doctors or counselling, whatever is available and potentially helpful): you will find what you need and you will get to where you need to be, I promise.

3 Likes

Thanks man! And congratulations on the job!!

3 Likes

Thank you Matt :revolving_hearts::revolving_hearts::revolving_hearts::revolving_hearts:

2 Likes

What’s in the works for today?

Always a fun one for me: what’s for dinner tonight? Yesterday I cooked burgers, spontaneously. It was great. It’s beautiful weather here where I am so it was a perfect day for burgers. I like giving myself things to look forward to :innocent:

Grilled cheese? Tacos? Soft-boiled eggs with toast? (Actually a lot of fun: you cut the toast into strips and the kids dip them in the egg yolks, you cut off the tops of the eggs. You can hold the eggs upright in the egg carton. It’s fun finger food. My mom used to say “dip the soldiers” :joy:)

What’s for dinner? :innocent:

I’ll screenshot this comment to look at later when I’m feeling down.

1 Like