Love never fails -18 days sober

Today I thank God for the sober time app and for restoring my relationship with the mother of my children and my children also. I dont know how it happened but the cravings for alcohol, weed and cigs left me in an instant. Exactly one week later my partner took me back. I didn’t make any attempt at all to try and get my partner back. I had lost all hope was depressed and was hitting the bottle hard. It happened out of the blue in the most random manner and she welcomed me back willingly without any attempt on my behalf to try and initiate contact. My bitterness towards her also lifted in an instant. My faith in miracles has been restored. I see alot of people saying the first week was their hardest. For me it was a breeze considering I have been an addict since I was 13yrs old and am now 36. In addition to that I have spent the past 6 months drinking top shelf whiskey, smoking weed everyday and numerous cigarettes. I was extremely depressed. I hope restoration upon all those that read this post and for those going through the storm of addiction.

Peace be with you, and may God do great things in your life too.

15 Likes

Welcome to the forum, Zac!

2 Likes

@ZacPini You’ve encouraged me with this post today, my friend. Thank you for sharing it!!

1 Like

It’s different for everyone and I’m happy for you for the easy start of your sober journey.
But be prepared for difficult days to come too. At some point cravings will kick in.
Think about on front what to do when it does.
Good luck and welcome here! 🙋

4 Likes

Appreciation for the wise words.

1 Like

love this post bc this has been my experience, OK it took a few years but the day god entered my life, and yes it was one of those big hallelujah moments, but the obsession went immediately. My children are back in my life after 20 years and all I had to do was pray for the first time in 48 years. Just one little prayer and I got an answer. Yes your right Miracles are happening every day all around us, I would suggest to others to be ready and don’t ignore it when it happens to you bc it may well be a once in a lifetime opportunity. If I drink or use drugs today I may never feel this way again.

3 Likes

Thankyou for your kind words and the shared experience :pray:

2 Likes

Welcome Zac! Miracles in your life.

Wise words, indeed!!

2 Likes

I’m so happy for you. Congratulations and god speed.

1 Like

I made it to 3 weeks🙂

1 Like

Yup.
Two of the things my sponsor has always said to me are, and I quote, “Don’t fuck it up” and “you WILL be tested”.
He never tired of saying either. Lol. And both have helped me along my road.

To the original poster, Welcome! I am glad you’re here, man.
Your story put a smile on my face todAy.
Just try to remember that miracles are not an end all. Once we receive a miracle, we have to work to keep it

Thank you for sharing your miracle with us

2 Likes