Lowering my medication dose

So I’ve been on 14mg of Espranor (subutex) to fight my heroin addiction for about 9 months now and I’ve managed to stay clean this entire year so far since January 1st. I’m now taking the steps to begin lowering my dose so for the past couple days I’ve gone down to 12mg and I’m hoping it helps me feel more awake because 14mg is such a high does and it definitely bombs me out.

Eventually I want to get down to 8mg but I can worry about that at a later date. Feeling really motivated and proud of myself for coming this far. L is so supportive and loving in every possible way, there’s no way I’d have been able to do this if it wasn’t for her. She’s my rock, my lover and my best friend.

Hope everyone is having an amazing week and staying strong in your own journeys of recovery. Love to all :heart: xx

5 Likes

I have been successful getting off of espranor it’s no where near as bad as methadone I got to 8 ml then 4 ml then 2 ml didn’t feel a thing I did it in 6 week gaps , I took my last little bit beginning of this week and I can honestly say it’s fine I’m emotional but that’s ok I’m not craving just feel a bit run down but it’s gonna get better… good luck with your tapering you can do this x

1 Like