Lucky to be alive

First time seeing any photos of my truck after the DUI crash i was in. My wife had went down the next day to see if she could grab any of my belongings from it. She couldnt because it was considered evidence. And she got photos of them towing my truck up the 75 ft drop i ramped off of. I never wanted to see them until now. I was flown out by helicopter to seattle for my injuries. I cant believe after this i continued to drink, quitting and relapsing over and over. It wasnt until i got involved in AA that i became strong enough to really want to quit.

11 Likes

Wow, glad you made it out alive. Take care of yourself.

1 Like

Wow! That’s scary! Glad your ok and on the sober road. :pray:t3:

1 Like

Something was watching over you. And it wants you to succeed :pray: Glad you’ve found a program that helps you in this journey. And I’m glad you’re okay now :heart:

1 Like

I see this a lot, you are fortunate to have survived. Use it as a reason for living life to its fullest. We both know that cant be done unless sober. Good luck on your journey!

2 Likes

This happened 4 years ago. I continued to drink on and off. I now have been sober the longest ive been since i was 18. 336 days today.

8 Likes

I also had 3 other passengers with me so i am also lucky i didnt kill anyone. And the truck landed in a campsite below, which was luckily empty

2 Likes

Congrats on 336!!! That’s awesome!! :muscle:t3: I’m sure these images really help. It’s truly a miracle your alive. Almost one year! Proud of you!

1 Like

Yes! I will use them for motivation now that I’ve seen them. And thank you! I feel good

1 Like

Wow that’s some wreck. Your higher power was definitely watching over you. I’m happy you’re here to tell us about it. Congrats on your sobriety!

1 Like

Yes i should be in prison for killing someone or dead. Greatful everyday to be with my family

2 Likes