MADD is ruining lives

Michigan DUI laws; 1st offense-up to 93 days in jail, license suspension/restriction for 180 days, up to 500 in fines. 2nd offense-5days to 1 year in jail, 30-90 hours community service, up to 1000 dollar fine, license suspension or revocation for 1 year minimum. 3rd offense-30 days to 5 years in jail. 1000 dollars in fines. Licence suspension/revocation for minimum of a year or loss of licence permanently. For over .08

1 Like

This sounds more like a political rant. The fact is MADD was started for mothers who lost children to drunk drivers, I went to a MADD class, had to pay for it, as well as many other fines fees, lost my DL had the interlock in my car for a year and whiskey plates for the 1st year. I’m really happy I went to the MADD class, it brought me to tears. Driving is a privilege, since we abused it by breaking the law then there are consequences. We pay taxes for a lot of stuff, almosted taxed to walk out the door now days, its all about our attitudes tho, we can’t change things that are out of our control so we need to accept that. There is always a silverlining if you arw willing to look for it, who knows maybe this will bring you in a new direction for a different kind of job? Stay positive :blush:

3 Likes

Most states are moving towards no tolerance. My state is lowering the limit to a .04, or .02 I’ll have to look it up. If you get the interlock it’s very expensive. But gotta do what ya gotta do. It’s a lot of hoops to jump thru I had to do it. It was horrible, but I made that choice. Not judging at all. Hope it works out, if it’s interfering with employment do you have public transportation that is close to get to?

1 Like