Made a bad decision to use

ive been going to aa off and on for years, but because of bad choices i always wind up going back to drugs and alcohol. the reson why i call the relapses bad choices is because it takes a decision from yourself usually to pick up.

its usually bad for me because the outcome most of the times isnt worth usuing. theres always so many more opportunities sober.

im making today day one sober and ill continue to stay sober. this is my good decision to fight the battle.

6 Likes

Just curious… You said you’ve been going to AA for awhile. Were you just attending meetings or did you actually get a sponsor and work the program?

2 Likes

U made a mistake, now hop back on that wagon and keep trying! You can do this!

1 Like

@Lisa927 thats a good question. i did get a few sponsors over the years and i worked the first 3 steps (mostley one and two). why ive stopped the meeting so many times is because i get overwheled easily…

The 3 step relapse, 3 step relapse…is common. The 4th step on is where the work begins, the relief comes, and the miracles happen. The amount of effort you put in is what you get back. Make the decision to take it seriously, as if you don’t have any more chances.

2 Likes

words are so powerful

if im sober
i can do anything but use

thats a strong motto