Made a decision family not into it

Was meant to be at assessment for a rehab clinic today but skipped it and moved away from all family into a friends empty flat today am 4 days clean and cycled 18 miles today told family my method and they weren’t too happy but a have meetings everyday with people in recovery a don’t think being locked away is what I need it’s the control that struggling with and these meetings help

5 Likes

Only reason I skipped as I have arranged for daily meetings and am solely focused on them and getting fit I know I need to this time as I don’t have access to my kids which is understandable and I accept

3 Likes

Deep down you know what you need and if you sincerely think that doing meetings every day is what you need to get clean than more power to u just know that it takes work to get sober but the work is totally worth it take it one day at a time and I wish you the best and rehab will always be a option in the future if needed

2 Likes

And I’m sure ur family is just worried about you

2 Likes

Truthfully a do think wat am doing is wat a need and a wish they’d understand a know there concern but would u agree u know deep down wat u need?

1 Like

Yes only you know what you need to do to get sober

1 Like

I would suggest you do some reading on here there is a lot of good stuff and a lot of people going through what you are dealing with addiction

1 Like

A am buddy

A totally understand wat u saying the last time a got 8 months a did have that me staying away is only temporary until a feel ready and to attend meetings everyday a stopped and had a blether with people fishing during my cycle a feel this wat a need for couple weeks it’s the not having my kids around me that’s making me do this more

1 Like

And the time without my kids is enough to make any man stop and see the clean life this is punishment and a deserve it but onwards and upwards my kids are getting there dad back and being on here helps so much

Ano it’s early but not putting my kids to bed every night is pain Al b with them soon