Made it a year

I hit my one year alcohol free anniversary 5 days ago. I am very proud to say I made it a whole year without alcohol. Life without alcohol is so much better, so much clearer, so much simpler, so much more fun and real. It was harder in the beginning, but honestly I was so ready to be done with it that once I convinced myself that alcohol wasn’t bringing anything positive into my life, I didn’t really want it anymore. If I got a craving, I would just remind myself of what would happen and what I risk to lose if I kept drinking.

I don’t post much, but I do come on and read here several times a week and truly get a lot out of everyone’s posts. I also listen to a lot of sobriety podcast and get so much out of them. Other people’s stories of recovery are so inspiring. They vary so much but in the end all lead to the same conclusion. Alcohol doesn’t help our lives in anyway. It’s a toxic substance that has become so normalized in our society that many of us question our abuse much longer than we should because it all around us. It is so freeing to let it go and keep it out of my life. I have no desire drink and will continue on my alcohol free path. Life is good and I am grateful! Thank you all contributing to this site. Keep on going!

38 Likes

Super congratulations on your year!!! Always great to hear from you!!! :heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

Congratulations on a year! So glad your experiences have taken away your urge. That’s where I am. No desire whatsoever. Tho I’m only just past 2 months I strive to be where you. Thanks for your inspiring post. They always help keep me going. Keep it up and live your best life!

2 Likes

Really well done!!

1 Like

bad ass! congratulations! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love this post! Thanks for sharing. Congratulations on your one year :hugs:

1 Like

Congrats. :goat:

1 Like

Thank you for sharing all of the positives that come from sobriety. It helps those just starting the journey (me). Congrats!

2 Likes

Awesomeness! Congratulations on the 1yr and yes… Sobriety Rocks :+1:t5::100:

1 Like

I like sharings like this, it proves to others it can be done! :facepunch:
Congratulations with your 1 year sober!! :confetti_ball::confetti_ball::confetti_ball:

3 Likes

Love this post!

1 Like

Congratulations! A year wow! Looking forward to being able to say the same. Keep up the good work!

Congrats! And wonderful words
I hope o can say the same in a matter of time

1 Like

Huge congrats! Keep it up. You’re doing great.

So happy for you!

Congrats on your year! That’s awesome and very inspirational!

Congrats! 1 year thats incredible!