Made it to 30 days! 🎉

30 days sober!
It was hard as heck but I’m feeling great. It’s been really wonderful to wake up everyday NOT hungover and be able to enjoy a full day instead of dragging out of bed, nursing a sickness all day.
This forum has really helped, I check it multiple times a day and don’t feel nearly as lonely on this mission. Thank you to everyone here that has shared their stories, experiences and advice.
This forum gave me the courage to finally walk into AA where I learned not everyone is a Bible Beater. I have a group of sober lady friends in my town now and they’re taking me to dinner this week to celebrate 30 Days. How cool is that?!
Thanks again everyone!
:heartpulse::heartpulse::heartpulse::heartpulse::heartpulse::heartpulse::heartpulse::heartpulse::heartpulse::heartpulse:

16 Likes

@Dogboi so cool! Congrats on 30 days!!!

It is pretty awesome not nursing a hangover all day. Whenever I think of drinking, I try and think of how horrible I’ll feel the next day.

Like death. Not worth it.

1 Like

Congratulations @Dogboi!! :tada::tada::tada:

1 Like

What a difference the 30 days has made! I think I was one of the first to reply to you and you really had hit the wall. Now it’s such a change around, and 60’s going to be even more amazing for you!

1 Like

Yeeey!!great job!

1 Like

You were one of the first to respond to me, and I had hit a wall, severely hard.
I reached out though and someone answered my call for help and strength!
This is the longest I’ve been sober in at least 10 years, just saying that sentence makes me realize how bad things had gotten.
I’ve been tempted here and there to sneak a drink, especially going to and from work, but then I think about all of my forum buddies rooting for me and it’s easier to say NO WAY!
:kissing_heart:

It really does get easier, doesn’t it.
Stay strong, 60 will be with you in no time at all and the temptation will become less and less!

1 Like

Congratulations @Dogboi on 30 days into your new life :slight_smile:

1 Like

Congratulations!!! You must feel so proud and amazing!!! :smile::smile::smile::smile:

1 Like

Congratulations!! :grin::tada::ribbon:🖒

1 Like

That’s really cool to celebrate!! I like that you made sober friends too. Im in day 3 and I hope to have a dimmer out on day 30 also :slight_smile:

That is so great to hear! Congrats. 30 days is a HUGE milestone. :fireworks::tada: