Made it to day 12

I made it to day 12 and messed up again! I don’t understand why I was feeling great and my attitude was finally getting better then I just threw it all away and I feel terrible… I don’t know what to do I want to stay clean and be the person I need to be. Any advice?

1 Like

I’ve had 3 people I’ve known go sober and they are going on their 3rd, 5th and 6th year sober. They all told me the same thing. Decisive thought. Not saying you’ll stay sober for a month, or a year, but knowing you’ll never touch alcohol again. Not doom and gloom, not getting down on yourself, but feeling excitement to be free from it and being excited to live a constant life.
Don’t be so hard on yourself, I believe in you :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks :slight_smile: I’m definitely ready to kick this habbit to the curb

1 Like

Really listening to advice people give here is not as easy as it sounds but in a way it is.
I tried and I failed. I tried something different and it failed. I am attending AA now and I will be sober.
As @Mephistopheles said maybe it would help, do whatever it takes and stick to whatever works for maybe we will not have a chance next time. I get pretty close to killing myself (with D&D) every time.

1 Like