Maintaining a healthy weight

So…I realize that when you stop your addiction… You gain some weight. Is anyone in here dieting and what are you doing to replace your addiction besides food

1 Like

I gained a little but I do needed it! I’m happy with where I’m at now as long as I don’t gain anymore! I stay active and try to limit my carbs and startch and drink lots of water. I do have a candy dish by my bed lol jelly belly’s are my go to :candy:

2 Likes

I’ve gained a lot of weight, but I was underweight in my addiction. I am struggling with slowing the gain, I’ve created into overweight (not by much).

Hey Joycelyn.
Did you see our weight loss thread? Maybe there are some helpful ideas on there for you.

There’s a few of us checking in there on a regular basis.
For me I quit drinking and did a weight loss program with Noom. And I do intermittent fasting.
But I do keep my single serving dark chocolate around for night time pleasure.
:pray:t2::heart:

I’m just starting my sober journey and the snakes are tempting.
I find that having a wine glass with spritzer in it or a tall glass with ice, bubbly water and a lemon not only keeps me hydrated but substitutes for alcohol while still being able to hold to that glass. For now it works. Giving up the alcohol but not the habit of the action of drinking. If that makes any sense.

It’s important to keep in mind, if alcohol was your drug, how many calories and carbs are in one drink. We can allow ourselves to make a substitution. I find having lots of fresh fruit in the house is a great snack and it fills you up so you don’t even want to drink.