Making it day by day

I lost my 2 little boys 1 year ago today due to the use of methamphetamine…and running back and fourth from illinois back to my hometown in kentuky because i was fighting an abusive relationship. I wasn’t thinking of what I was doing to them…how much I was hurting the 2 most important people in my life, the ones I promised nothing would ever come close to ever hurting them or break their heart.
I spiraled down hill after losing them but I woke up and asked myself “what are you doing girl fight this monster and get your babies back where they belong and never let them go again!.”
I became 3 months sober and felt amazing for how far I’d come and realising how much i had missed when I started supervised visits with my boys. I relapsed due to a text message sent to me from a person I used to kick it with in my bad times. Its been 6 months, and I am restarting my sobriety as of yesterday with a positive attitude, and being told by the judge last Thursday I have the opportunity to get my boys back in 4 months (May).
I feel amazing and just blown away of how strong I really am after what I’ve been through for all these years. One step at a time I will climb to the top and I will have my boys, my life and everything back in place. I moving to Iowa Saturday night and starting fresh. I got a job starting monday and I will have my own business in june. I cannot wait to have everything fall in place and that’s my motivation. Wish me luck on this journey towards an amazing life. And to all of you for all of you for being amazing and for being so strong!

10 Likes

Glad you are here Linsy!! This is a great place to be. The amount of support this is given is amazing. Post you successes and also your struggles. You do not have to feel alone.
Have you thought about you plan going forward to maintain your sobriety? I find that is very important. Think out what the challenges are going to be a how you are going to deal with them.
Look forward to be being here and can not wait to hear when you and your boys are back together.

3 Likes

Welcome, Linsy! Sounds like you are on the right path: committed to recovery, starting a new job, on the path to having your boys back… use this to help you stay focused on what you need to do! Use this community for advice or emotional support - there is an amazing group of caring, knowing people here who’ve been through what we’ve been through. We’re glad you are here!

1 Like

Hi i understand that gut twisting feeling of loosing my kids I got worse and worse. I didn’t know how to stop taking drugs my life felt like it was over. I finally got my daughter back 2 years ago but was still using I didn’t give up the fight though and I been clean for nearly a year . I had a relapse back in September and hated myself so much for it I had to get straight back into recovery. Good luck with your journey x

3 Likes

Your journey has melted my heart,I too have kids and to rise back and fight after them being taken,you need to be determined to stay clean,you have so much in place new home/job and stay in the right side of the tracks your baby’s will be home with you.xxxx keep connected on here daily if your struggling share,vent let someone know your always get compassion and an honest answer .you have it all waiting for you,put the hard work in now and I promise you,you will reap what you sow.xxxc

1 Like

You have been in the fight of your life and you are winning. You are a warrior woman and dont ever forget that. We sometimes feel we are of weak character because of our dependancies but if you really think about it, it really takes a strong person to overcome and win this battle against the demon of addiction.

2 Likes

Good morning Linsy!! How are you doing today! What are your plans today to stay sober?

1 Like

Thank you so much. I actually moved away from the town that kept me from staying sober so being sober is beyond easy. Plus my boys are my motivation.

1 Like

It is great to hear that you are doing so well. Really happy for you. Never take your soberity for granted make the concious decision each day to stay sober. You can do this.

1 Like