Man, I’m screwed

I really want to get high, I get treated with no respect in my house and my future roommates also treat me with no respect, my work is screwing me. Nothing can ever go right, it starts to get slightly better and boom, more obstacle and it’s honestly bullshit.

I’m so tired, depressed, angry. No idea what to do.

2 Likes

For me, I had similar feelings, and wanted to get drunk. After a few 24 hrs being sober, I realized how I would use anything as an excuse to get drunk. In my mind I would over exaggerate things, just to drunk. The longer I was sober, the more I found peace, acceptance, and serenity with what life threw at me.

8 Likes

Can you rest? Or can you go for a walk or other physical activity? That can be good for when you are angry …try to work it out of your system. Or scream and jump around. Also good, tho not while at work. Anything but use is my motto. Write it out. Go for a run or bike. Sleep. What would distract you in a healthy taking care of yourself way?

4 Likes

Thats SO much how I felt too! Then I realized by me getting effed up to ignore it, I just let the problems amplify and continue. It certainly didn’t help change anything, but once I got sober I made some huge changes and the things that were bad for me eventually fell away as I respected myself more. Getting high or drunk never helped me fix anything, it just made it worse. Good luck my friend, reach out! We are here.

9 Likes

Walk! I walked so much in the beginning…if i was pissed and it was raining…i still went for a walk.

5 Likes

Will getting high make everyone stop being assholes? Will getting high make people respect you? The answer is no. Getting high won’t solve anything. Rising above, will. Don’t give up on yourself because the world around you is in the crapper. Be the change you want to see. The hardest journeys lead to the most beautiful destinations. F.E.A.R. Face Everything And Rise!

4 Likes

F.E.A.R forgive everybody and remember

4 Likes

You can’t make other people treat you with respect but a good place to start is to treat yourself with respect.

Don’t put crap into your body that holds you down and steals your clarity. Enough time sober will bring you the strength of mind to sort your problems out.

Find a healthier way to make yourself feel good. Walk, run, go to a funny movie, get a haircut, call a friend, soak in the bath, eat an ice cream. Whatever works.

3 Likes

@Trisket there must b other solutions rather than letting substances win. You’ll only have regrets and disappointment to add to your woes. Start planning to move house if u can, start looking for new work, positive steps to change your situation is better than doing something that’ll just add to problems!

2 Likes

It helped me to realize that I can’t control anything. I had to realize that when I try I make things so much worse so I try to stay out of my way and allow God to work his will in my life for me. I hope everything works out for you

1 Like

Yea when life sucks we want to deal with it no matter how. Often I got high. What always helps though is strength exercise. Other exercise is good too but going to the limit with your muscle strength is a great feeling, either bodyweight exercisechalistenics, or weight lifting. Id like pushups theres many good variants that are much more intense than the regular pushup and then try going for muscle failure in one or two or three short sets. Your post is very very relatable and I changed my coping mechanism into exercise. I could go into the benefits and why that works but the Post would be too long

1 Like