Mandi's Recovery Journey Vibes

5 Likes

Needed to hear this today :heart: thank you

2 Likes

I’m glad I could help! Hugs! :heart:

8 Likes

That’s SO perfect because that’s exactly what I am doing today! :heart:

1 Like

I live in the Sonoran desert and collect sage and make my own, bougainvillea flowers for color, everything helps when you are looking for peace

6 Likes

Those are gorgeous!!! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

So, this happened again.

“Finding joy when you are hurting is like having a picnic in the rain. If what you want is a picnic, you can have it. If what you want is for the rain to stop, you may be disappointed.”

I wanna see more picnics in the rain! Instant boost for the day :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Loooveeee this James!!! :heart:

2 Likes

5 Likes

5 Likes

7 Likes

Thank you for being you Mandi !
:sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart:

4 Likes

This is true, I have found, and profoundly contrary to all the teaching I received before sobriety.

3 Likes

This is a great thread and I really needed it today. I’ve woken up feeling shitty and wondering whether this is all worth it but I know what I need to do. This has been my first week back at work for over two months. I’ve been leaving at 6.30am,getting home at 6. Cooking dinner and then working until I crash at 11. As a result I’ve not written in my journal all week, done any mediation or got in touch with friends or family. I almost feel like I’ve replaced alcohol with work and am falling into the same behaviours because I’m not focusing on looking after my well-being/spirit and am beginning to isolate myself. I’m on day 24 (25 in 4.5 hours) and feel the lowest that I have felt since I stopped drinking. Your posts have reminded me of what I need to be doing and why. So, just want to say thanks, keep posting and I am definitely taking on the 30 day writing challenge!

1 Like

I’m happy to hear it helped you, I’ve noticed I feel really crappy when I get away from those things too. Try to take a little time for you still in between, I save an hour or so before I go to sleep where I sit in my bed with no phone to either write, meditate, read, do reiki, listen to my soulwork stuff, color even, etc. It really helps!

1 Like

Mandi, we had a great time at your house last night!
29683976_450560068710469_5236196736623852496_n

2 Likes

images%20(8)

2 Likes

3 Likes