Mandi's Recovery Journey Vibes

4 Likes

2 Likes

5 Likes

My kids do this to me almost everyday. Usually I think they are lying and trying to butter me up for something. But some days I actually believe they mean it.

4 Likes

This why I’ve always loved the dogs who have lived with me. Even the latest lazy smelly un-housebroken wreck from the animal rescue. They need us humans and we, to be better humans, need them.

I don’t completely trust a man who has never lived with a dog.

6 Likes

2 Likes

There are times in life when things are difficult and you sometimes struggle to process it all. I am learning in those times, it’s often the best time to try to turn your thinking away from focusing on all that bothers you and try to think some better feeling thoughts. Change it up! Take a walk, move your body, change your patterns and momentum. Try thinking of something you are thankful for. Take a moment and ask yourself, is there anything I’m inspired to do to lift someone else up? That’s what I did today. Often when you are inspired to help someone, it is the gift that keeps on giving~it feels good for both of you long after the moment has passed! :two_hearts:

5 Likes

And there it is, the antidote to self centeredness

lift someone else up

:grin:

5 Likes

Such an interesting balance between self care/preservation and self centeredness too! Go with what feels good was my motto today, it is helping get me out of my funk!

3 Likes

8 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

I thought this was really insightful to read today.

7 Likes

In my physical training, I often have to remind myself to put in all my effort, to leave nothing on the table. To “hold nothing back”. And I do that by reminding myself that’s what I do with sobriety - I leave nothing to chance and go all in every time.

5 Likes

Omg love this!!!

2 Likes

Edit to include text: This something that can be used in all areas of life, asking yourself “does this feed my soul”? This could pertain to a job, a friendship or relationship, a hobby, a habit, food you eat or even what you want to watch or listen to! If it doesn’t, consider changing what you can with this in mind. :heart:

4 Likes

This popped in my mailbox today…

http://www.aagrapevine.org/

\ 5x1 https://grapevine.espstores.com/beginners-book-getting-and-staying-sober-in-aa\ 123x189

April 27, 2019

“I didn’t need to learn how to meditate before meditating. It turned out to be one of those learn-as-you-go things – just as learning how to stay sober is part of staying sober a day at a time.”

“Trusting the Silence,” Anonymous, November 1991, Beginners’ Book: Getting and Staying Sober in AA

3 Likes

There ain’t nothing wrong with a little mindfulness! :grin:

3 Likes