Mandi's Recovery Journey Vibes

Today I wanted to share a few pages of a book I am reading as I found it quite pertinent here:

3 Likes

I really enjoyed reading that. Thank you for your share :heart:

So very true and identifiable. Who is the author please x

Same author as the book The Four Agreements I’ve been talking about so it sounds like you’ll like it!

@adeygaga49, Don Miguel Ruiz, this one is part of a set. I LOVE the book The 4 Agreements, this one was The Mastery Of Love. It was decent, I took things away from it that seem helpful!

4 Likes

I’m looking for a lot of things to read for rehab. I’m so grateful for the opportunity to get away from everything and focus on me. I’m doing as best as I can now, but I need this “vacation” from life to come out stronger. No family, no friends, no stress.

Barnes n Noble? I’ve been going there a lot getting books for rehab.

3 Likes

I’m sure, I found mine at Books A Million and Amazon but I’ve seen them at many stores

1 Like

I believe you’ll get the very best from rehab you’re ready for it x

1 Like

Awesome. Thank you :blush:.

Aww that’s very sweet of you. I hope so too. As I live in a motel right now and am dealing with a lot around me, I’m finding happiness to be inside of me and it doesn’t matter where I am, it matters what I’m doing and how I am doing it. I have no physical pleasures like my own place, my own car, a gf or really a life outside of recovery but I am honestly happier now broke, chaos all around me and I’m more happier than ever when I was loaded all the time hiding my addiction to everyone who cared about me.

2 Likes

Guess I’ll share this here, bc it’s random and positive.

6 Likes

Paraphrasing the AA Grapevine quote of the day -

AA… has one primary law, help your fellow man and do it by example rather than by instruction.

That’s what they mean by being of service to others.

5 Likes

@MandiH,are you feeling better? You had the nasty flu, yes? I know it can seem difficult to stay positive under those conditions. Today’s meditation was an exploration of the pleasures and good sensations I can feel simultaneously with my pain. I had a little surgery this week and sometimes it hurts. But there is also calm and strength coexisting with it.

Anyway, hugs for you,my friend, and blessings on your house :pray:.

1 Like

I too have found calm and serenity even in midst of the storms, such a beautiful thing! Hope you are recovering well Dan and that it was nothing serious! I am feeling SO much better today, thanks for sharing your meditative thoughts and thanks for the love! :heart: This has been my happy place this morning on my deck.

5 Likes

9 Likes

First rock bathing of 2019

5 Likes

Your crystals are marvelous. I’m glad you are having the sun to energize them!

2 Likes

Tye die fun with the kids and some neighbor kids.

5 Likes

That looks awesome! I wanna see the final results too!

Not really tye die connoisseurs lol so they all got swirls

Still sounds awesome!

1 Like