Mandi's Recovery Journey Vibes

Not too shabby

6 Likes

I love it, looks great!

This is my death meditation for today.

How ya doing Dan?

Biopsy results are all normal! I don’t know where this booger came from, but I’m grateful it’s not cancer. :blush:

3 Likes

Phew, I’m SOOOOO happy to hear this!!! Been thinking of you with happy thoughts of a good outcome! :heart:

1 Like

I’ve been kinda in my own little world lately so I haven’t been posting a ton. Counseling started and this is week 3, that’s been a good shift. The eldest graduated this past Sunday, my boy got his license Friday, things are moving fast! I think we’ve also made a decision to sell most of our family land so our mom can have the house she wants there. We will still own 20 acres so it’s not out of the realm of possibilities my siblings and I could and up there someday but I’d honestly rather have a waterfront house than put the money into what needs to be invested to make that happen right now. Everything is kinda up in the air in my life and everything is changing and shifting all around me! This is a good thing but it’s also a LOT to take in and process, especially while I continue to work on major things within myself. Super thankful I have a counselor right now! I am working on releasing expectations of outcomes, knowing what I need and asking for help when I need to. I’m pretty able to go with the flow but I’ve stopped up so much of my own healing process in so many ways over the years that I’m working on correcting and healing that finally too. Lots of good stuff but lots of introversion and I am sure there will be more of that to come. So, if I’m quiet, no worries, just doing the work! :heart:

8 Likes

You don’t go halfway with changes! Wow! But thanks for letting us know, it’s easy for me to not notice when someone is quiet.

3 Likes

Life will always try to make things difficult for you, but every time you overcome obstacles, you come out stronger

1 Like

I got up this morning.
:blush::kissing_heart:

(Yes, to the waterfront)

1 Like

I believe in you :green_heart:.

1 Like

Every time I come east to coastal New Hampshire, I think about our Mainer buddies @MandiH and @aircircle. Sending you guys the positive vibes this sunny morning! :pray::grin:

3 Likes

Happy sunny Wednesday Dan! :heart: Safe travels!

3b009986179885a0fb7bc29f136b4f03

5 Likes

Here’s a practical tip on meditation from the entry for June 16 in “24 hours a day”

Seek God early in the day, before He gets crowded out by life’s problems, difficulties, or pleasures. In that early quiet time gain a calm, strong confidence in the goodness and purpose in the universe. Do not seek God only when the world’s struggles prove too much and too many for you to bear or face alone. Seek God early, when you can have a consciousness of God’s spirit in the world.

3 Likes

download%20(5)

2 Likes

Something I’ve been thinking about lately is shadow work. @anon30771928 opened me up to that phrase and I absolutely love it!

I am someone who focuses on the positive naturally. You tell me what is going wrong in your life and I am often the person who will help you find what is going right and reasons to be grateful instead of dwelling on the negative.

The thing I am realizing now is that when something bothers you, getting to the WHY is sometimes difficult but important. Sitting in that uncomfortable place to see things for what they are and WHY is where change can truly come from. Not to dwell on the negative, but to look at it and see why it really bothers you and heal that within you.

I have done a lot of that this year about the things that consciously bother me. I’ve become aware of many things and how to handle them I am currently working on. Now in addition to that, I am getting to the things that unconsciously bother me and shining lights on them to see what my deal is. There are things I don’t like or want in my life that are there but there are times I don’t know the true why’s. Looking in those dark corners is helping me discover the true why’s of my life and that’s a really cool thing I think.

Looking forward to seeing where all this work leads! :heart:

4 Likes

Carl Jung writes extensively about the shadow archetype. As I recall, it is the source of energy and creativity and fear and bad dreams. It’s a pot of bubbling primal essence.

2 Likes

I’ll have to look into this, it’s on my growing list today for therapy lol! Thanks for the insight, as always Dan! :heart:

6 Likes