Mandi's Recovery Journey Vibes

Today’s guided morning meditation was one of my favorites, from a teacher named John Prendergast. It’s about participating in the universe as a tiny part of a great whole. It’s about how the space within the nucleus of the atoms in my body is the same space and relative distance as the space between planets and galaxies. I really enjoy this trippy stuff!

The realization I got is that the distinction I draw between you and me, between me and any other, is artificial and arbitrary. In fact, I am aware of the organism that is composed of my molecules and cells. I am less aware of the organism that is composed of the sum of all beings and all planets. But I feel my part in that at times, and to me, that is the stream of the Divine.

:pray::sparkling_heart::earth_africa:

6 Likes

Today’s reading, from 24 hours a day, expresses the cornerstone of my faith.

After we had sobered up through the A.A. program, we gradually began to get a peace of mind and serenity, which we never thought were possible. This peace of mind is based on a feeling that fundamentally all is well. That does not mean that all is well on the surface of things. Little things can keep going wrong and big things can keep on upsetting us. But deep down in our hearts we know that everything is eventually going to be all right, now that we are living sober lives.

I love my sobriety.

4 Likes

This, Dan, is so true. It’s something I have believed for a long time, even more so now I’m sober.

PS, thank you for your kind words the other day. To have people like yourself, who seem to have it sorted say that you value my input is really heartwarming. Scott did it the other day as well and I’m like " I look up to you two!" have done from the beginning thanks :star_struck:

5 Likes

I love this quote!!!

2 Likes

4 Likes

download%20(7)

1 Like

4 Likes

1 Like

Glad you like it Sean! I’m happy to be sharing on this thread again! :heart:

1 Like

4 Likes

images%20(28)

4 Likes

images%20(29)

2 Likes

Pain is the touchstone of spiritual growth.

2 Likes

I completely agree! :heart: Hope you are doing well Dan!!!

I totally love this …… It addresses an underlying anger in a positive way without diminishing the message.

1 Like

7e4302fa12096ce3a7fc32b268c2aa63

4 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes