Mandi's Recovery Journey Vibes

I loved it, glad you liked it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This sounds like Winnie the Pooh, who has a very place in our household and hearts. Thank you for sharing it! :pray:

1 Like

Agree…unfuck ourselves!! Lol

9 Likes

Congrats on your double digits!!! One of my favorite sayings my app gives:
“You can do this”
So simple, but everytime I see it I tell myself “Yes, yes you can” lol

2 Likes

I really like that one as well! It reminds me to stay on track without being overwhelming

How are you doing @beyondmythoughts?

I’m doing wonderful! I’ve been working on some recovery stuff throughout the day. Trying to work through how I got to where I got to. I’m on my 11th day of sobriety and I’m feeling absolutely wonderful! :heart:️ my sleep is coming around as well! Thank you for checking in! :hugs:

1 Like

I am so happy for you! I see you stamping your wisdom & personality all over this forum & love it! What recovery program are you working on? :heart:

I’ve decided to use the refuge recovery program. I was sold on it from the first page and I’m actually taking my time to go through each and every question and give an honest answer. I even reached out to my local chapter to ask how I can start going to meetings. I absolutely love this app as I’m an introvert and being around people for too long is extremely draining to me, but I will need to make real life friends who practice the same lifestyle that I do, eventually. Haha and I’m trying to keep up with everyone here! Everyone has so much wisdom to share and seem to be genuinely good people. I feel like I have so much to learn from everyone.

4 Likes

Yes! It’s been an interesting experience and I’m learning a lot about myself so far, which is something that has been far overdue. And thank you for all of the support! I hope to have 26 years of sobriety in 26 years! haha it seems like a challenging thing to accomplish, but it gives me hope that it’s possible!

1 Like

I really like that, thank you! Sometimes it’s challenging to put your needs first, but I needed to hear this today, thank you! :heart:

1 Like

This saying is one of my faves too. Getting clean seemed impossible those first few days. The more days I get behind me the more I realize I can do this. Each day we get better is another day won!!

4 Likes

images(9)

For all you amazing, strong ladies :muscle:

4 Likes

7 Likes

a7639ca8ccd768794fdad037df7ec5a0

4 Likes

This my sobriety in a nutshell :peanuts:

Being humble, grateful and reining in my ego daily are so key. I am not special, I do not deserve to win the lottery over another, for finally doing the right thing. I’m just grateful for the opportunity alone… to finally do the right thing.

Thank God life isn’t fair! By all rights I should be dead or in jail for my crimes. There’s no difference between me and someone sitting in prison right now for involuntary man slaughter… except my ‘mailbox’ was their ‘person’.

I am very aware I’m living on borrowed time… and lovin’ it!! It’s as close to a near-death experience as I ever want to be. Every morning I wake up…I can’t believe I’m still here! I’m as excited as a kid on Christmas morning, to have another sober day.

Today I don’t have room for score keeping, judging, envy or boasting. The grass is never greener (including mine) :hugs:

P.S… What the heck is the name of your book, I want to order one today

7 Likes

7 Likes

That is awesome. Thank you for sharing that. I’m going to get that book it seems really helpful.

2 Likes

Got some stones from my oldest. She gave me 1 for each of them. I had them say a prayer with theirs. Gonna be carrying these bad boys errywhere

6 Likes

Been a favorite of mine for quite some time