Mandi's Recovery Journey Vibes

uplifting-quotes-for-work

7 Likes

10 Likes

12 Likes

3 Likes

Since this is my thread, I wanted to share a story today.

I have been having a really off week since getting home from camp. Physically I’ve been ill and mentally I have been struggling as well. I spent almost 3 entire days down and in bed. I had told a dear friend what had been on my mind and I was told to, “live your life to your own terms. Be happy and the rest will follow!”. I meditated in this for an hour this morning and found such strength in these words. It was something I had heard many times before but the light bulb went off today! That’s a big part of what I’ve been missing and I continued on to do my soul work for the next several hours.

In the middle of doing that work today, I had a great conversation with an old friend of mine. We met when we were probably 14 or so and haven’t spoken in about 10 years. We were always good friends and last talked while he was enlisted in the military and had just come home from deployment. He was a bit of a mess, understandably and my ex was a psycho who hated me even talking to women, including my own family. So, naturally, I “wasn’t allowed” to visit him when he got home and check in on him. He found me again via some mutual friends this week and so I said hello and asked how he had been. He said surviving and asked about me. I quickly filled him in on life and the changes its brought including becoming an alcoholic and getting sober within a few sentences. He is really the first person I’ve talked to about this outside of my closest friends and immediate family except for my newfound sober family. It felt really good to talk about it, it opened the door to all kinds of good, real life conversations besides the normal “I’m good” bullshit! I have remembered today, this is who I am, this is what I do! It feels good to be authentically connecting with people again and being open and vulnerable. Those conversations are the ones that really matter in life. I’ve done a lot of soul work all day today and I’m glad this was part of it! And to think it all started with one sentence this morning. Live your life to your own terms. Thanks for that my friend! :heart:

9 Likes

Thank you for sharing this MandiH. It’s a great reminder and also inspiring :grinning:

2 Likes

I’ve done a lot of soul work

And you, my friend, have a beautiful one :heart:

3 Likes

One of today’s lessons

11 Likes

It’s kind of funny, I spent a long long time yesterday (about 11 hours) doing soul work. I did a few more hours this morning. Between yesterday and today I have noticed that every interaction I’ve had with the outside world in person was conversations where I’m listening to complaining about all we have going wrong & what we are angry and none about what’s gone right. It has been an interesting observation anyway. And very humbling because I know I’m also guilty of doing this at times lately! Interesting what you see when your eyes are opened and things start to click. You notice things you hadn’t before. Really cool! That’s where change takes place.

3 Likes

6 Likes

38487f4b6eed6f8c7ea09bfcbc4778a7

3 Likes

Ooh, I LOVE this! Yes!!

7 Likes

b4b70364d4022a2906f335e3c1a84b13one more. …

8 Likes

I believe Bhuda said…" Don’t be a shmuck!"
I could be wrong :thinking:

2 Likes

Thank u for this

Its been my motto since day 1

1 Like

It took me a long time to hear the words that clicked. Once I did and really started living by them, I felt a huge shift in myself! :heart: It has made all the difference in the world!

quotes-about-finding-yourself-best-of-19-best-finding-yourself-quotes-images-on-pinterest-of-quotes-about-finding-yourself

6 Likes

tumblr_m9wo5tcOfa1relv11o1_500

7 Likes

3 Likes