Martial Artists Past & Present and MMA Fans UNITE!

Have you guys seen Michael Venom Page who fights at Welterweight in Bellator?

If not have a look :eyes: reminds me of Anderson Silva. In his last fight his opponent threw the towel in as he was getting so frustrated- he was being mocked and couldnā€™t hit him and was being pieced up gradually

Donā€™t know how heā€™d get on in the UFC though with the top 10 Welterweights

His next fights Vs Paul Daley early this year

1 Like

If that card stays together got to be one of the best of the year

1 Like

Tonight a new full-contact Karate fight promotion debuts and can be viewed at www.karate.com

7pm Pacific time.

Watched several fights. Very glitzy. Noticed some of the fighters lack stamina when compared to other combat sports. Actor Danny Treo butchered so many of the fighters names.

Second season of full contact karate, so the promotion is still young, still finding the right rule-set. Entertaining but nothing like MMA or Muay Thai

Now the up-and-coming combat sport that has really grabbed me is bare knuckle boxing. Really enjoy watching these fights.

Resurrecting this thread: I watch all kinds of martial arts, but lately Iā€™ve been fascinated with Lethwei (Burmese Bareknuckle). Itā€™s similar to Muay Thai, except wrapped hands instead of boxing gloves, and headbutts are legal strikes. Just watched the World Lethwei Championship. Awesome.

I used to train at big John McCarthyā€™s ultimate fighting academy in Valencia, CA. I started doing kickboxing and BJJ but am not belted cause I moved a few months after starting there (and I hear they are closed down now). Iā€™d love to get back into it, I just need to do some research of some good training gyms in the Memphis TN area.

1 Like

I know thereā€™s a great Krav Maga BJJ school in Memphis. Mid town Krav Maga

Not a martial arts man myself beyond doing judo as a kid a couple of years. But always have been a fan of thai/kick boxing, muy thai, K1, etcetera, always lots of Dutchies involved. Personal anecdote: I lived in the same neighbourhood as Rob Kaman for a couple of years, will never forget seeing and especially hearing him in the street kicking every lamp pole he encountered with his shins. He was a bloody tough guy and thatā€™s a massive understatement. I f you donā€™t know the guy youā€™ve missed something.

1 Like

Watching some awesome 6-rounders, Murphyā€™s Boxing from Boston, my hometown.

If anybodies watching the UFC tonight keep an eye out for Aspen Ladd, expecting a solid performance

2 Likes

Watching Muay Thai Grand Prix live from London.

1 Like

I trained in Shaolin for 18 years (I got my black belt 12years ago). Martial Arts discipline has brought me through my darkest of days, (from a nasty divorce to the death of my sister). I canā€™t really explain it, but the mental training/focus and the physical beating you take, prepares you for life challenges. I have found myself using this training to help stay off alcohol :blush:

4 Likes

I heard she had a very rough weight cut. Hope she recovered before her fight.

She got knocked out fairly quickly!

Always think people to should fight at their natural weight classes- cannot help cutting that much weight and being dehydrated

@DarrenUK @Yoda-Stevie

https://youtu.be/iGMUKC0t5R4

Brutal! Cannot be good, love how much Pettis has improved now heā€™s fighting at 170

1 Like

Yes, Iā€™ll be at the Anaheim event for Pettis vs Diaz

2 Likes

Anyone on the site called ā€œtapologyā€? Great MMA website, you can do fight picks, and challenge people vs their picks. Ton of info on fighters, ect. All MMA, not just UFC

Yes Iā€™ve been on it- Iā€™m part of a fantasy MMA league where every week out of 10 fights we pick the winner, round and how the fight will be won (KO/TKO, Sub, Decision) - you get a certain number of points for each correct answer. At the end of the season which is 3 months you get winnings

1 Like

Yes, I love it on there! Who you got on Dos Anjos vs. Edwards?

1 Like