Meditation for Serenity 2023! (tips, tricks & discussion/ 2 years running woot!)

I didn’t know where to put it, so I thought I’d put it here. My daughter and I are going for Zazen instruction on Saturday. It’s her birthday and she wants to spend it with me, which is very cool. We are going to follow it up with a vegan lunch (neither of us are vegan, she’s vegetarian) but the restaurant kicks ass.

I have wanted to go FOREVER and just couldn’t rally to go alone. So, I am excited!

2 Likes

This is sooo exciting!! I have never heard of Zazen instruction but it sounds peaceful. Cant wait to hear about it :slight_smile:

Zazen is just basically sitting meditation but we get a brief history of Zen Buddhism and then I am not sure how the rest works. I will definitely post an update!

1 Like

Thank you for this one. Loved :heart: Loved :heart: It.
I can’t wait to do it tomorrow. I must confess. I couldn’t wait to share with you how much I liked it and you were distracting me :joy: :hugs:
I hopefully won’t be distracted by you tomorrow :laughing:

2 Likes

Ur post totally made me smile! :smiley: I must have missed this notification as i dont recall getting one for ur post here, so I apologize my response was soo late. But Im so glad u loved it!! I actually didnt do a meditation today. Will have to squeeze one in before bed. Hope ur night has been good!

1 Like

Did this quick but very effective meditation just now thru my fitbit app. I needed some grounding and i needed to lose some anxiety over being at work.
No amount of guilt can change the past and no amount of anxiety can change the future. I need to stay present in this moment :heartpulse:

3 Likes

Sticking with this one for a second time. I got 4 mornings in a row of starting my day off with a meditation. I hope to continue.

No, I’m not starting a new counter :thinking:.
Yet :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

Woke up at 4 couldn’t sleep.

This was good. It didn’t put me to sleep but I was able to sleep after :pray::pray::pray:

3 Likes

I set an alarm on my phone for during the workday to take 2 five minute breaks and breathe with a brief meditation…… for today … May we be happy.

1 Like

I am on day 132 consecutive, I may have more if I counted my yoga practice and sunrises meditation in there. This is just using the app!!! I am proud.

2 Likes

https://insig.ht/kTuzxG8dPwb

Woke up at 5 and did this while I was still in bed. I love this mantra. :heartbeat:

3 Likes

Impressive streak you got there.
Atta girl.

I couldn’t sleep last night. Did this one.

It didn’t put me to sleep listening to it. Which is ok. But I slept great right after. And long.

2 Likes

I really like yoga Nidra, and so do you. Hahah
:woman_in_lotus_position: :man_in_lotus_position:

1 Like

I guess I do. When I search for something and see a yoga Nidra one I been using it. Like last night.

2 Likes

I was / am in AA for 4 years now but have kinda been letting it slip as I spend more and more time with Recovery Dharma …although for me I see the need for both programs for me… and working on healing trauma. But I was reading this and reminded what a beautiful meditation Just For Today is …

Just for Today I will try to live through this day only, not tackling my whole life problems at once. I can do something at this moment that would bother me if I felt that I had to keep it up for a lifetime.

Just for Today I will try to be happy realizing that my happiness does not depend on what others do or say, or what happens around me. Happiness is a result of being at peace with myself.

Just for Today I will try to adjust myself to what is and not force everything to adjust to my own desires. I will accept my family, friends, my business, my circumstances as they come.

Just for Today I will take care of my physical, intellectual, and spiritual health.

Just for Today I will do an act of service for someone else without being found out. If anyone finds out about it, it will not count. I will do at least one thing I do not want to do, and I will perform an act of love for my neighbor.

Just for Today I will try to go out of my way to be kind to someone I meet; I will be friendly and act appropriately, I will dress becomingly, talk low, be courteous and not critical, I will not try to control situations or other people.

Just for Today I will have a program. I may not follow it perfectly, but I will have it.

Just for Today I will stop saying, “if I had time.” I will never “find time” for anything. I will have to take time.

Just for Today I will make time to meditate and seek serenity, truth, and acceptance of myself and others.

Just for Today I shall be unafraid. Particularly, I shall be unafraid to be happy, to enjoy what is beautiful, and what is lovely in life.

Just for Today I will accept myself and live to the best of my ability.

Just for Today I choose to believe that I can live this one day.

May all of us be happy.

2 Likes

https://insig.ht/EBMjiYrhUwb

This was nice. :heart:

https://insig.ht/Hl7zFPzhUwb

Have done this a couple nights in a row its magical. I love her meditations, she is the higher consciousness lady twinnie. :heart:

2 Likes

Since I apparently like Nidrā. :wink: And now I know how to pronounce it :blush:. I was looking for a short morning one. This didn’t say morning but it was a very nice way to start my day.

1 Like

Started my morning with this one.
Not sure if I like it or not. No background music. But it did work. She talked about the morning sunrise and sky a lot @Its_me_Stella and it was all body scan.

Without thinking I actually just tried to tag you as @twinnie :man_facepalming: :joy: :joy: :joy:
:pray:t2::heart::hugs:

2 Likes

I’m grateful I didn’t waste any time last night in bed not sleeping. Read a chapter of my book and went right to this.

Worked perfectly. I was able to finish it. And then sleep well. I don’t remember it. But I know I was awake for it because I took my ear buds out to go to sleep.

Then this morning continuing my morning meditations with this little gem.

:pray:t2::pray:t2:

2 Likes