Meditation for Serenity 2021-2024! (tips, tricks & discussion/ 3 years running woot!)

This helped me sleep last night.

Wasn’t sure where to start this morning.
So I put on this 7 minute breathing timer I like.

I couldn’t stop thinking about my wife. They were good loving thoughts so I kept focusing on that.

I heard a podcast about meditation that it’s ok to focus on one thing. You don’t always have to have the goal of clearing your mind.
:pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2:

Last nights medi and just did it again this afternoon before I go to my meeting.
A great 15 minutes.

1 Like

Enjoyed this one last night. Hard time getting comfortable and I had insomnia, but it did the trick!

1 Like

I am in, anyone else?

https://insig.ht/hmZpQKvo2xb

3 Likes

Wasn’t sure how to start my day so did this.

Basic simple breathing.

1 Like

Morning

Afternoon Hope.

1 Like

Ya I’m in Twinnie.
Just saw this pop up on my Insight timer.
Please remind me. I set the timer thingy for 7 am.
I’ve really been liking the mantra on the Hope meditation I do. I keep trying to find it but it’s not on iTunes. I found a YouTube of it though.
I’m definitely interested. Not sure if I’ll be in to all of them. But I’ll try with an open mind.
:pray:t2::heart:

1 Like

The more I learn about mantras the more I become intrigued. I never understood why the sanskirt mantras were the sounds they were, why muslims repeated Allah, why the Buddhist monks chanted until now. The more my mind stays open and the more curious I become the more I am exposed to the most amazing information. I hope that you find this too. I am glad youre in. :heart:

2 Likes

I read about the healing part. I need all the healing I can get. Instead of thinking I might not like them all. Maybe I’ll like some of them. I’m really living the one in the Hope meditation. I didn’t even realize it was a mantra I was liking.
Open mind hey :wink:
:pray:t2::heart:

2 Likes

Tried this in bed.

Still
Couldn’t sleep last night. :grimacing:
I did try yours @DryIn785 the one you mentioned up above, but it just didn’t work for me.
I went to @Cjp one she likes. It finally did the job.

And this morning started off with this one.

That’s like 4 meditations in 8 hours. I hope that hold me for awhile.

2 Likes

Ah well, we’re all different. That’s why there’s so many to choose from! Too many, almost. I never know which one to try next…

1 Like

Another afternoon medi.

:pray:t2::pray:t2:

1 Like

Got insight timer just now. Nice to have a new phone with room to install apps. Installed it @Dazercat and @Its_me_Stella because I read about the mantra challenge and I’m in. Did five silent meditation minutes to break in the app. First time in, feels like ever, that I did a silent medi. Been mediating without timing it using you tube nature sounds. Hoping this app and getting active on this thread will help motivate me to work my step 11 and also to just be healthier. :pray:

2 Likes

Yay welcome back my friend you are an OG on this thread!!! Excited to do this mantra challenge. I have been doing them recently and the vibration they create in my heart and throat chakra are amazing. It feels so good.

:heart:

2 Likes

I’m in Stella. “Challenge Accepted”

3 Likes

About to attempt my first guided sleep meditation on insight. Good night friends

Edited to say. Quick night time gratitude post first.

6 Likes

Congratulations on 35 days Brian. Yeh you! And hells yes we can

2 Likes

How was your sleep?

1 Like

My fave :heart::heart::heart:

2 Likes

It was pretty darn good. Made it a few minutes into the meditation and down I went.

Edit. Going to try and not fall asleep during tonights medi but its almost bedtime, its gonna be hard.
Also, I have a question. I set some alerts on my phones calendar for groups, meetings, doctors appointments and they aren’t working , no alerts/alarms popping up, same as the insight timer app alerts/alarm aren’t working. Thoughts? Tips? Suggestions?

4 Likes