Meditation for Serenity 2021-2024! (tips, tricks & discussion/ 3 years running woot!)

Still trying to get out of this pain and funk. 3rd meditation of the day.
I think it helped.

5 Likes

Mantra day one and a couple mediations complete. One more later before sleep, I think.

I accept that my life is unfolding as it is :exploding_head:

Edit to add… no wonder you gratidudes keep mentioning and recommending insight timer, what a tool(pun intended) the amount of stuff, for free, when you hit the search is pretty frickin great. Thanks for the tip friends. Namastae

4 Likes

Mantra Programm day 2
In the beginning just moved my lips, then it became easier. Wonderful mantra and background music.

Thoughts that came up in the end:
Softness and respect…
As a reminder I put this wonderful picture as background on my mobile

:purple_heart::yellow_heart::heart::woman_in_lotus_position:t2::pray:t2:

3 Likes

Ajeet has such a beautiful voice and the accompanied music made for a delicious experience .Ganesha is presently my avatar when i attend online meetings. This mantra seemed perfect on many levels for me. Thanks for your presence Julia.

3 Likes

Day 2 :white_check_mark:

Being a newbie I found this one harder than yesterdays. But I loved it so much :heart:
I was able to let go and absorb the chant and the wonderful music in the background. I was reading the reviews and someone posted a link to the mantra and it’s on iTunes so I downloaded it.

Thanks for the pics
@Juli1
@Soberbilly
That was going to be my next googling :pray:t2::heart::hugs:

4 Likes

I snuck yesterdays in at bedtime and here I am checking in with day 2. I think because I am not new to mantra and chanting, chanting along with others who sing so beautifully is a little bit of a challenge. I have found that finding my own voice and seeing where the peaks and falls sit comfortably with me has been important to be able to really fall into a meditative state while chanting. Yesterday I tried to chant along outloud and it was a shit show so today I just did it in my head which worked much better for me.

For the last 10 years or so whenever I have been exposed to chanting during shavasana 7x’s out of 10 I have a big emotional release, this morning I had one as well. I can really feel a deep connection to the divine during these types of meditations. I feel safe, and loved.

4 Likes

That is beautiful Stella. I thank you for getting me to take a closer look at this challange,I was simply enjoying the image of the lotus blossom and not going in. I have never tried anything more than Om. I am finding that the last 2 days taking part in this has left me feeling a deep calmness and energy. I was able to chant out loud yesterday. Surprised myself. Today I simply absorbed it. Ajeet has an incredible voice. It was moving.
Just yesterday a friend shared this with me,of course they did.

I don’t have apple anything so I found it on YouTube and after listening to Ajeet I listened to this for an hour or so. Seems to fit well. Have a peaceful day

5 Likes

I missed day two mantra by 27 mins due to my procrastinating defect. Oh well. I will do day 3 now.

3 Likes

Todays mantra class was absolutely not easy. I didn’t feel the mantra as harmonious and my thoughts didn’t calm down at all. Bad thoughts about work situation. Anyway… Looking forward to tomorrow and will do another meditation during the day.

Found some on my phone from a 30 day meditation challenge, a earlier yoga teacher of me created once. Including some mantra meditation.

3 Likes

That’s perfectly fine Julia. I feel that in meditation or this practice of either chanting or listening anything can come up. Any thing. Focus on the fact that you were present. I am grateful we are doing this together with Eric and Stella and over 50K other souls. I found today’s Mantra easy to chant and as I did the previous two sessions I feel calmness,comfort and an open heart. I was able to follow the instruction and it just really worked well for me. One of the meditations we practice in my Sangha is equanimity. Equanimity is the ability to experience and accept conditions in the present moment
“As we gain the ability to accept and inhabit all conditions, we begin to practice our newfound equanimity within the demands of our daily lives”. Be kind to yourself. On some level just practicing the Mantra penetrated your heart and mind. :heart: all the best.

4 Likes

Last night. They say it’s more beneficial to not do this at bedtime so you don’t fall asleep.

Well, I wanted to sleep last night so I did it anyway. :sleeping::zzz::zzz::zzz:
And I’d do it again :hugs:

3 Likes

Day 3 :white_check_mark:
I found this one even more difficult but I like the challenge. I wasn’t sure when to breath. She said to breathe normally but chanting and breathing normally isn’t normal for me. I’ll figure it out. I definitely want to do this one again.
I like the progression they are doing for me. I hope day 4 isn’t too hard.
:pray:t2::heart:

3 Likes

Checking in. This is one of my faves…

3 Likes

One of my favorites, I listen to this one on repeat when on airplanes. Keeps me calm. :woman_in_lotus_position:

2 Likes

Words can’t do it justice. It’s powerful. It’s calming. Wow right. Glad my friend shared it with me.

2 Likes

The maha mantra. I will use it again. My favorite so far. Better than alot of meditations I have done.

3 Likes

Afterwards I felt: joy and lightness

Could have repeat more rounds :smiley:
Maybe I will do another mantra mediation at noon.

Much love :two_hearts:

2 Likes

I knew this Mantra,I think from a George Harrison song
I felt open in my heart and mind and a calm energy as well. Namaste

1 Like

You,me,Stella, Julia,Eric and 60000 (almost) souls. There’s a beautiful power and positive energy in that!

2 Likes

I went rogue last night and did this one for bed. :pray:t2:
Removes fear?
Can’t wait to try it in the daytime.

:zzz::zzz::zzz:

1 Like