Mental health memes and discussion (Part 1)

I love this! Thanks Sassy :pray:t2::two_hearts:

1 Like

34 Likes

30 Likes

I love this one! My favorite being ā€œitā€™s not a competitionā€.
It doesnā€™t help at all when people minimize my feelings by telling me ā€œsomeone else has it worseā€. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

13 Likes

Another sign of social anxiety Iā€™d seen elsewhere was, ā€œyou make up scenarios in your head where you get embarrassedā€.
I thought I was the only one who does that!

10 Likes

46 Likes

40 Likes

Anyone would be frustrated and feeling off after such a rocky start. We beat ourselves up over so much. One thing I keep reading lately is when our mind starts with all that, respond as you would to a friendā€¦if a friend told you that interview story, would you focus on what they may have done wrong? Nope, you would praise their initiative in working thru the snafu, build them up, etc. :heart:

Insecure is a normal response. Plus, getting used to video interviews, not in person, can be a process. :heart:

5 Likes

In Portugal the usage of every drug was decriminalised and the money saved from punishing people and policing usage was invested in reintegration of people into society with incentives. Drug abuse, hospitalisations and drug deaths plummeted.

16 Likes

In my experience interviewers donā€™t judge only on the first few minutes, but on the entire interview. When I went to the interview for my current job the interviewer asked me:ā€œWho is Janā€. I was unprepared and blurted out:ā€œI am Jan and Iā€™m an addictā€. I thought I was done for when I saw his face. I told him that Iā€™m in recovery and everything. He saw the big picture and gave me a chance. Iā€™m certain your interviewer will see the big picture and not only the rocky start. And otherwise screw that guy, heā€™s not suited to be an interviewer

5 Likes

Feeling this tonight.

4 Likes

I just have to say Iā€™m absolutely loving this thread and am so thankful it was started. Just FAN-FREAKING-TASTIC!!

10 Likes

You may enjoy this one as wellā€¦:grinning:

11 Likes

Thank you so much for starting this thread. :unicorn:

3 Likes

Yes they do, thank you my friend. :heart:

4 Likes

Thank you! :+1::gift_heart:

3 Likes

I love this. A night time inventory as described to me in recovery always sounded like never ending negativity. I have always argued for appreciating successes as well as learning from experience. :heart:

4 Likes

25 Likes

23 Likes

8 Likes